GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested in the slightest...

I finally got round to fitting the Carbon Ceramic Brakes with PAGID RS29 Pads.

Front: CP5555-1000 Factory replacement size

Rear: CP7618-1000 Factory replacement size

Obviously I could have gone for a much larger setup or even used the R35 brakes but this setup fits perfect for my road and drag wheels so I opted to replicate the original AP sizing - it also means I can easily swap back to the steel discs at any time.

*Dirty wheels for sympathy only.*

Attachments

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They came with new bells Alex.
They’re circa 4 times the price of steel rotors from AP so it depends on your intended use as to whether it would be considered a worthwhile or justifiable upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Oooo very nice :bowdown1:

Silly money? Or pretty good for what they are?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Probably cheaper to find a complete setup and swap from another car TBH.
With VAT etc you’re looking at £2k+ per corner.
Wow. :eek:

Still worth it when you have the beast you have.

I mean it’s no cheaper to go the R35 Gtr route with Surface Transforms discs.

When I finally sort my car out with the problems it has I will then be looking into the gearbox and braking system even though I have the Alcons which seem to be very good I do like the idea of using ceramic discs etc.

Future projects :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I'm weighing the benefits for a track car. 2k per corner is ok value if they last 4x as long as steel and have more bite and less fade.

The weight saving is without question but you hear mixed experience regarding longevity on track with Porsche with some advise to option carbon for resale values but remove and store them to fit steel brakes for dedicated track cars.

I think I saw Richard has these on the Skoda. Which is another vote of confidence, the two of you are well informed buyers.

Do they market these as fit for track use?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I'm weighing the benefits for a track car. 2k per corner is ok value if they last 4x as long as steel and have more bite and less fade.

The weight saving is without question but you hear mixed experience regarding longevity on track with Porsche with some advise to option carbon for resale values but remove and store them to fit steel brakes for dedicated track cars.

I think I saw Richard has these on the Skoda. Which is another vote of confidence, the two of you are well informed buyers.

The surface transforms discs are meant to be good for track use the plus you can resurface them a few times for a few hundred pounds.

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the videos I’ve seen I was very impressed by the 2T simulated braking from 130mph. Zero fade and effective temperature distribution. The simulation was done over 4 hours.

I’ve always assumed that the initial bite of steel disks is superior to CCM but they fade when heat cycled and crack, that’s certainly what I experienced with the APR steel disks. 1800+KG stopping from 185mph wasn’t confidence inspiring at all and the brakes were totally cooked.

Richard has put them through testing on the track, so far I’m still in the bedding in process as I’m still waiting on a dash part coming from Oz. My hope is that the sacrifice of initial bite will be overcome with the prolonged performance at higher temperatures.

·
Super Moderator
15,546 Posts
On the Porsche at least the initial bite is fabulous - though I'm told their carbon brakes are amongst the best of the bunch.

Anyway lots of reading out there for those interested! 2020 Nismo they're standard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts