GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a boot lid, bumper & rear panel for my car. Does anyone know where I can get the parts?:smokin:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I spun out on a roundabout on the 2nd day I had the car! Not good. Any clues as to where I can lay my hands on some parts? :confused:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine's a black one - I'm always driving it round - look for the huge dent in the back. The rest looks fine! It was perfect when I bought it and I need to restore it to it's original condition!:)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Got to say I havent seen a black one around! you cant miss mine, its a pulsar with stickies all over it. the Skyline is sick and I am pining for it as its at Abbey.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know where around Reading etc I can go to a cruise? I've been looking most weekends but never find any.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What sort of times are you guys doing 0-60 in? I wanted to find out what mine is, the closest I can estimate is around 3-5 seconds.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You will be lucky to do 3 seconds, thats either seriously modified with launch control or serious supercar territory, R33 gtr standard is quoted 5.4(evo), a GTS I think 240bhp, is about 6.5 (standard)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know much about it to be honest, it's my 1st Skyline. The garage who sold it to me said it was around 380BHP as it had some work done on it by a guy that used to tune Le Mans cars?. I can't see anything out of the ordinary under the hood but it's definitely quicker than 6.5 seconds. I've had it up to 169 MPH in France and I've still got to put my Apex induction kit on yet (when I figure out how it goes on!!) :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well if they quoted 380 bhp it certainly isn't standard, 0-60 with powerful cars is all about traction of the line, 380 is about the same as a standard 355 and that does it in 4.7, add a little weight for the extra bulk of the skyline and its probably around 5 seconds. The only way to find out accurate is to invest in technology , Race Technology do a device called, the ultimate performance meter for £120+vat, does all accelerating times 0-60 0-100, Standing Quater or you could get the one with data logging for 160+vat, www.race-technology.com

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You seem to know a fair bit about it. If I was to get someone to sit in and take the time with a stopwatch - when should they start the clock? Is it as soon as the car starts to move?:(

·
Registered
326 Posts
that is never accurate, speedos are always weighted to over read, so when you go past 60 on the dial you may only be doing 55mph, best way is the device, they are accurate, measured from take off til you pass 60 (officially)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thats the beauty it uses GPS satelite (same as guided missiles) no connection or instillation, just secure to your dash or something.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts