GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all ...

I've been reading the forums but never posted
I'm from the gulf ... more specifically BAHRAIN ...

I got a 97 V-spec R33, I've been owning this car for 2 yrs and I sure love it :bowdown1:

Anyways, When I first bought the car, Mis shifted and the oil pump gave up, Had the engine replaced with another one ... It looked stock and stock turbo housing ...

For the past 1.5 yr the car has been boosting 1 bar in the summer and 1.3 bar in the winter without a boost controller what so ever ...

Recently, I have connected my apexi avc-r and boosted the car till 1.7 bar with no problems on stock injectors, I know I'm way over the inj's duty cycle but tried it few times only ... I have been boosting and racing the car at 1.5 bar ..where the inj duty cycle is 99.5 %:p and have no problems !
I listen for detonation, nothing ...seems smooth and pulls like hell ...

My question is, Is it possible that my turbos are upgraded n1 or something ?

Cause stockers wouldn't last much over 1 bar ..am I right ?

Thanx

·
Registered
646 Posts
Stock turbo's are on brink of destruction at levels around 1.2bar, imagine them to be uprated.

In fact I would anticipate that the whole engine, ecu and fuel system is uprated if you've ran it at 1.7bar..

Some kind of limited edition kryptonite pistons installed from Nissan if everything is standard.

With the temps in the gulf....I can't believe you haven't destroyed your engine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

To be honest,

The turbos looked stock when the engine was out ... !

the tiny t28s ... The car is usually out at night ...But the temp is still high though ..around 30 and a 100% humidity :bawling:

Killed a Manual c6 with bolt-ons and cam last night at 1.5 bar ...

Btw ... We got soo many fast GT-Rs over here, mostly in the 9s and one in the 8s :squintdan

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
1.7 bar on stock injectors! And on stock turbos! Ceramic stock turbos on the R33 should be kept at 1.0bar or below. Even with steel turbines, anymore than 1.3bar is just blowing hot air.

Stock injectors are 440cc and they should max out before you reach 1.3 bar. Have you had it dyno'd because I'm struggling to make any sense of this physics-defying feat?

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
SR BEAST said:

To be honest,

The turbos looked stock when the engine was out ... !

the tiny t28s ... The car is usually out at night ...But the temp is still high though ..around 30 and a 100% humidity :bawling:

Killed a Manual c6 with bolt-ons and cam last night at 1.5 bar ...

Btw ... We got soo many fast GT-Rs over here, mostly in the 9s and one in the 8s :squintdan
The standard turbos are T25s I think:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tbroom/Turbos.htm

So you could theoretically run that boost with T28s but you would need uprated injectors and air-flow meters and (probaly) ECU too. Not sure about fuel pump upgrade as well.

I'm guessing your injectors are 600cc or around that.

Basically your car must be less standard than you think and running a 99.5% duty cycle has no long term prosperity.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Bugger where were they at TOTB Arabia when it was held then ?:p

SR BEAST said:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
R33_GTS-t said:
1.7 bar on stock injectors! And on stock turbos! Ceramic stock turbos on the R33 should be kept at 1.0bar or below. Even with steel turbines, anymore than 1.3bar is just blowing hot air.

Stock injectors are 440cc and they should max out before you reach 1.3 bar. Have you had it dyno'd because I'm struggling to make any sense of this physics-defying feat?
Stock injectors ought to be able to fuel adequately at 1.7 bar in the mid range (especially with stock cams, head and displacement) but you'd soon run out of duty cycle as the revs climbed.

I agree that it's not wise and doing it on stock turbos is just plain madness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts