GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have seen a R33 GTR im interesting in buying but seems a little cheap to me. I took a mate who owns a GTS to have a look over, and he said everything looks cool and runs ok. It had an engine rebuild from GBH 20000 miles ago and only has 78000 km on it. It has new turbos and been serviced regulary going from the service history and receipts.
Im going back to look tomorrow and hopefully buy, but is there anything I need to look at, ie head gasket going etc. Is there any things I need to check on the GTR that are prone to going wrong?
The car is going for £9500 on a M reg.

Just seems a little cheap to me, so wondering if there is anything wrong. How do check compression on the skylines ( sorry only ever owned rotaries :chairshot ) The car has only done 2000 miles in the last year and the car has been in the country since 1997.

Any help would be appreciated as cant afford to spend any money on it if I buy it.

Cheers

·
Administrator
31,833 Posts
GTR-ASH said:
Any help would be appreciated as cant afford to spend any money on it if I buy it.

Cheers
therein lies your problem ;)

have you spoken to GBH as to why it needed a rebuild, and have you seen reciepts etc for all the work.

also, whys it up for sale if so much has been spent on it recently??

mook

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
GTR-ASH said:

Cheers
I'd say that with this statement, the GTR may not be for you. running costs aren't the cheapest out there, and if you're planning not to spend any money on it, then sooner or later it could all go pear-shaped for you. The tuning bug is fierce with these cars and I'd say it's almost impossible not to spend a bit here and there on it as time goes by.

Steve:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Owned RX7's for last 5 years so its not the money problem it just would be nice to buy a car a little more reliable than the rotary.

Just need to know if there is anything i should look out for on the GTR's

Cheers

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mookistar said:
therein lies your problem ;)

have you spoken to GBH as to why it needed a rebuild, and have you seen reciepts etc for all the work.

also, whys it up for sale if so much has been spent on it recently??

mook
I have seen the bills, the car hasnt been used for last couple at months at least. The monety was all spent in 2004 going by all the bills in the service book

1 - 6 of 6 Posts