GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just contacted Newera about importing a Skyline R33 GTR and they've send me a skyline revisions document (which contains from interesting info).

It mentions that the material used in the dash plastics was changed from the 1995 spec model to the 1996 onwards model.

Are these really minor mods are is the material genuinely better quality.

Sorry if this seems like a silly question :)

- Kevin.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
totally different. mine (1996 gtr) has anti radar/speed camera materials... or at least i hope so ! :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quality is not much different.. it's more in the actual finish - older one was 'rougher' while the updated model is 'smooth' plastic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 1996 series 2 GTSt. When I was inspecting series 1 and series 2 R33's prior to purchase, i noted that nearly all the 1993-1995 GTSt's had terrible plastic on the lower part of the dash and also around the switches on the doors.

At any touch points (near switches or controls) the black colour would just rub off over time and make the car look old and tatty. As i never saw this problem on later models i deduced they'd changed the plastic (for the better :)

Have had my car for about 6 years and nothing inside looks "worn".

Can't recall having seen this on GTR's of any vintage but then again i haven't shopped for one!

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts