GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
1) too many people selling them on ebay for very little money, has overall dropped the market.
2) some people want everything for very little money so they have fallen into the really affordable bracket, however running one isnt so then people dont tend to own them for long, hence the price falls again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well the prices are dropping maybe for you UK citizens but believe me: for someone like me who wants to own one in Continental €urope it's far away from what I would call "cheap"... :bawling:

For the price of my R33 (a really OLD car for Mr everybody) I could have baught me a 2003 M3 or a 2002 M5 for exemple. Or a brand new WRX that I even could have got tuned for the same money... :p

So you got my point, right?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i know you say they have dropped in price but theres no many other cars that are 10 years + old and still fetch over £10k

the car market is very slow, theres more around, petrol is more expensive, insurance is more affordable etc etc all these drive prices down and every car is in the same situation :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
The rate at which R33 GTR prices have fallen this year is scary, which is why I have opted for another R32 GTR, buit this time a quality modified example.

Personally I think R33 prices have been hit hard by the availability of R33's currently in the UK, especially the GTS variants. I think it's a case of supply exceeding demand, which has forced prices down, and will continue to do so.

There are bargain R33's to be had out there!

·
R35 Section manager
11,282 Posts
As time moves on this happens to every car,32s are about for £5k!!!
Good time to buy or wait 3 years and have a 34 for -£15k!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
A lot of cars have been imported recently as more and more people have got involved in importing and more people have moved into bringing in Skylines. The number of GTSt and GTS have gone through the roof in terms of numbers imported and this has brought the price down. Unlike Japan where the GTR is King over here it's the Skyline name that sells so it's a good market for Japan to sell into and people are happy to buy a Skyline of any age, appearance and condition just to have the rear name plate. All this affects all marques of all the Skylines so, as more and more come in and as the price of GTSt GTS drop so too does GTR prices.

Shame :(

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
I have been renewing my insurance this week. The guy on the phone told me that his dad had just bought a stock R34 GT-R for £20k.

·
Registered
303 Posts
moleman said:
I have been renewing my insurance this week. The guy on the phone told me that his dad had just bought a stock R34 GT-R for £20k.
That's bloody cheap!

Apparently it's a buyers market and in the end no car is worth more than someone will pay for it.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Flint said:
Apparently it's a buyers market and in the end no car is worth more than someone will pay for it.
This is true, but some cars are better than others and I think all the cheaper ones as worth avoiding. I paid over the odds a little for my cars and got better examples for it. My 205 would sell for the same money I paid for her 4 years ago :bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well...

The last time I seriously considered a Supra "ok ok what was I thinking" was about a year and a half ago. A 1996-98 model Twin Turbo manual would fetch, 16-18... now, I can find a dozen examples of them for under 11. Maybe I have just not been paying that much attention to how much they lose money from new...

I could be talking absolute bollocks, but I noticed this morning how cheap they were. Getting to the stage where they are actually very good bang for bucks....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts