GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit stuck at the moment...the exhaust had gone for the MOT. I bought a system to get it through the MOT but it doesn't fit!!! it isn't just a little off there is no way it can be fiddled. With no MOT I can't get it anywhere to have a custom system fitted...and I can't find anything second hand (I did find one but can't get hold of the garage where it was...). Anyone have any ideas where I could get one, hopefully to pick up today? Anywhere within say a 50 mile radius of birmingham/staffordshire. Anyone know of any breakers? standard exhaust would be fine even just to get it through the MOT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
MGT racing are at Hartshill near Nunneaton. They usually have a number of spares in stock and I think they are open til 5 today.
Here is their number: 02476398344

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that but thats the place that had the 2nd hand HKS system but I couldn't get hold of them yesterday and today, left a load of messages aswell. Had the same before with another part from them....

I ended up booking it into MIJ Performance and had them make a system for me today...I really wanted another twin bore to replace the one that was on but can't seem to find one these days!!! Have to thank MIJ for getting the job done at short notice.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Thats unusual, I've always great service with them and have done for the 2 years I've had the car now. LOL - believe me, thats been alot of parts!!

They always answer the phone when they are there. The only reason I could think might be possible is if they are away competing somewhere for a long weekend.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking the same about a long weekend or competing but at one stage the phone was engaged and then nothing...with a similar thing happening twice now not sure I will be rushing back for a third disappointment.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Just bear in mind that they only work half day on Saturday and they dont work Monday. You'll be best getting hold of them on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If someone else was in the middle of trying to call them at the same time but called before you then it would have been engaged.

Jags - that is how it used to be but I think it has been updated now. For example, Garth doesnt work mondays but Mark does and as far as I know, they are in all day on normal saturdays...not this one by the sounds of it though.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I have a spare 33 system, but in the Battersea/Clapham/Wandsworth area of London. Dunno if yours would plug and play, though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
just got a great 3" ss cat back sys from apex fantastic quality and fit fantastic price as they have it on special offer (mine was R32GTR but they got ines fro R33 as well ) also great service but would be next day delivery

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offers guys...I got a system made for the car on sat (after chatting to my insurance company they were kind enough to agree that they would insure me to take it there as that was the only failure on the MOT).

I did also understand the concept of a telephone being engaged if someone is using it (have done for a few years now :) ) my problem was that I tried all day and left messages and no answer and no call back (still no call back I may add). As mentioned before I had a similar issue when I first got the car and needed a part...being a new owner at the time I was not overly impressed with service...oh well there is plenty of support out there so not the end of the world.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts