Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of R33 Xenon headlights.
Both work, both have repaired cracks on the rear but are water tight, one is a little cloudy the other has a perfect front. Neither have broken clips/mounting brackets.

£750 delivered in the UK.

·
GTR Register Member
268 Posts
R32 Combat - more like R32 Conman

wow cheap as chips! good deal to be had there
Or so I thought!!!

I've received these lights from Andy, instead of lights as described above, I received the slightly cloudy light with a cracked broken trim (no mention above) and the icing on the cake 4 holes drilled into the face of the cloudy headlight (again nothing mentioned above).

I pm'd Andy straight away to express my dis-satisfaction, Andy's response was that he was upfront about the description and can't do anything. I have offered Andy to bear the postage costs and to refund me less postage as quite frankly the slightly cloudy light is an absolute mess.

I didn't expect new but I certainly didn't expect one light which is pretty much fit for the bin.

Andy - I await your response? Surprise surprise he's not been on since yesterday!!!!!

Guys be very careful purchasing anything from anyone......sad that established members are now ripping off fellow members.....and this is effectively a trader (Skylab Torque Controller sold within the shop??)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PMs below:

D_m4n said:
Hi Andy,

Can I please get a response? If you are not willing to respond then I won't have a choice but to reach out to the mods otherwise the forum!

Can you please come back to me.

Thanks

D_m4n said:
Hi Andy,

The pictures weren't close ups, the fact that you mentioned the cracks on the rear and the cloudness on the one light I took as being you being upfront on the condition hence didn't question it. I couldn't see the holes on the pic you posted as they were at a distance.

If I take the hit on postage - would you be willing to refund me so that you are not out of pocket?

I'm sorry - I don't want them.

Thanks

R32 Combat said:
Hi

Sorry to hear you are disappointed.

I put photos up clearly showing the front of the lights. I was hiding nothing. You asked no questions. You can see the holes in the front. I am under no illusions that are not mint. They are also very very cheap.

I don't think there is much I can do.

Regards

Andy
D_m4n said:
Hi Andy,

Parcel received - to say that I am disappointed is an understatement.

On your sales thread you mentioned:

"I have a pair of R33 Xenon headlights.
Both work, both have repaired cracks on the rear but are water tight, one is a little cloudy the other has a perfect front. Neither have broken clips/mounting brackets.

£750 delivered in the UK.***8221;

There is no mention of the four drilled (and filled) holes on the face of the "little cloudy" (drivers side) light nor the mention of the cracked plastic edge on the face of the same headlight.

If I had known then honestly I wouldn't have bought them as they are. I can live with the cloudy part (repairable) and the cracks on the rear, the drilled holes I can't do anything with.

I know the lights are not new so didn't expect mint but I certainly didn't expect lights that I personally wouldn't put on my car.

Can we please resolve this?

Thanks

D_m4n said:
Thanks Andy, will keep an eye out for it.

R32 Combat said:
Hi

You parcel should be delivered between 12:17 and 13:17 today. Being delivered by interlink. The parcel should have been collected Monday for delivery yesterday but it was not collected till yesterday. I am out at the mo and the tracking number is at home.

Regards

Andy

D_m4n said:
Hi Andy,

Can you please send me the tracking number, lights didn't show up yesterday and my Mrs was in all day.

Cheers,

D_m4n said:
Cheers Andy.

R32 Combat said:
Hi
Ok, the lights are packed and will be shipped out tomorrow (Monday) You will get them Tuesday.

Regards

Andy

D_m4n said:
Cheers Andy, looking forward to receiving them.

R32 Combat said:
Money received with thanks.

I'll post them out friday when i have got a box and suitable packing.

Regards

Andy

D_m4n said:
Hi Andy,

Done.

Please post to:
xxx
xxxxxx

Thanks,

R32 Combat said:
Hi A

My paypal address is [email protected]

Please send the money as a gift.

Regards

Andy

D_m4n said:
Hi there,
As per my post on your for sale thread, I'll take the xenons, please give me your paypal address.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have to say from the description of the item being sold and the pictures provided I would be as angry as hell if that was what it looked like when it turned up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I sold a drivers side one this week that had some damage to the rear but would have been easily repaired for £250 the lens was in good condition. The seller appears to have been very creative in the pictures taken to represent the lights condition (especially the 4 holes in the lens WTF??) regardless of wether the buyer asked any question the description does quite clearly not match the goods received. I also would not be happy I have bought a few things go here lately and have put trust in people by paying with online transfer and not pay pal and have had no issues at all. But on reading this it would make me think twice of buying items.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Without knowing any of the involved persons and solely judging by the description, pictures and PMs I think you should really put that right. You have to admit that your description has not been complete regarding the damage. And with you even officially trading on here I think you should even more try and put this right if you want people to do business with in future with peace of mind. Either way, hope you guys sort this out and everyone is happy in the end.

·
GTR Register Member
268 Posts
Guys - really appreciate the support, I say treat people the way you would like to be treated yourself - being dishonest and chancing is and always will be short term.

Sorry that I have to bring this matter to a public forum but needs must on this occasion.

Thanks again

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm happy you let us know about this! This is unacceptable especially from a trader... If I was you I would drive down to Skylab and get my money back plus the fuel cost and wasting my time... Sorry no disrespect to Skylab but that's a real piss take..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pretty sure he stated they were water tight, which clearly they are not, scam artist right there! I'd be furious, hell just for knowing skylab does that I won't be purchasing anything off him full stop...

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
just out of curiosity how much are xenons like these worth in very good to mint condition ? I only ask as I have them on my r33.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.