GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey

I have 2x R32GTR and 1X R33GTR gearboxes with broken 3rd gear, but transferebox is perfect.

You can have them cheap if you want. But the thing is, im in Norway, so it will be some costs with shipping...

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, bit too far, can't be bothered with all the hassle of shipping.

Hey

I have 2x R32GTR and 1X R33GTR gearboxes with broken 3rd gear, but transferebox is perfect.

You can have them cheap if you want. But the thing is, im in Norway, so it will be some costs with shipping...

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is a 33 box, think the 33 box is a bit better than the 32. It is actually the transfer box that is on it's way out! Thanks anyway.

I have an R32 gearbox in excellent condition.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
There are 3 difference boxed. Early boxed are push clutch. The slave cylinder pushed towards the back of the car. The middle type is a pull. The slave cylinder pushes towards the front of the car. The last type looks like the middle one but has a different syncro design. It's impossible to tell if you have the late box unless you know the car it comes from.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you fit the last type, without any modifications, if you have the middle type?

There are 3 difference boxed. Early boxed are push clutch. The slave cylinder pushed towards the back of the car. The middle type is a pull. The slave cylinder pushes towards the front of the car. The last type looks like the middle one but has a different syncro design. It's impossible to tell if you have the late box unless you know the car it comes from.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Also 33 boxes have 2 cooling holes in the upper part of the bell housing with rubber hoods.

Converting an early type box to a late type is a fools errand. Far too many parts needed.
I should know, I built my 32 box with OS 1,2,3 input kit which uses the later style synchros.

Calibrat, why not rebuild your transfer box with new clutch plates?
Not that hard with a decent set of pullers and a press or large vise.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am not 100% sure it is the transfer box, it could be the gearbox, so rather than messing about, I will just replace both as one unit.

Also 33 boxes have 2 cooling holes in the upper part of the bell housing with rubber hoods.

Converting an early type box to a late type is a fools errand. Far too many parts needed.
I should know, I built my 32 box with OS 1,2,3 input kit which uses the later style synchros.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts

You mean like this? Took my box out today and can see two cooling holes if that is what you mean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts