GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ive been searching alot for a uprated R33 gtr gearbox or a rebuild kit with stronger 1-4 gears (close ratio)*

I cant make my mind at all on what route im gonna take.

First OS giken = 12 months delivery is way to much for me right now, but the price and quality on OS giken one is the perfect match for me,*

2nd R34 GTR gearbox + swapkit, anyone know if any companies source those?*

3rd* PPG 1-4 close ratio, 3 times as expensive vs OS giken ones? why? with work and stuff this kit is kinda close a OS giken / Quaife Sequential gearbox...

4th the Speedtek close ratio? seen a thread on SAU thats 2 years old that dident look so promising, anyone else running this with sucess?

·
Registered
679 Posts
you could try pgs transmissions see if they have anything availabe

i don't no why there is a 12 month wait on the os giken gearset but you could try rb motorsport see if they have any in stock

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OS giken has always had very long delivery time because they simply wanna stay a small family company :)
so they barely keep anything in stock and just got their line running with oreders

But i will keep looking

·
Registered
56 Posts
OS giken has always had very long delivery time because they simply wanna stay a small family company :)
so they barely keep anything in stock and just got their line running with oreders

But i will keep looking
I must have been very lucky when I got my OS giken kit. I ordered it through Midlands Performance and received it within three days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello ive been searching alot for a uprated R33 gtr gearbox or a rebuild kit with stronger 1-4 gears (close ratio)*

I cant make my mind at all on what route im gonna take.

First OS giken = 12 months delivery is way to much for me right now, but the price and quality on OS giken one is the perfect match for me,*

2nd R34 GTR gearbox + swapkit, anyone know if any companies source those?*

3rd* PPG 1-4 close ratio, 3 times as expensive vs OS giken ones? why? with work and stuff this kit is kinda close a OS giken / Quaife Sequential gearbox...

4th the Speedtek close ratio? seen a thread on SAU thats 2 years old that dident look so promising, anyone else running this with sucess?
I Advise you not to go to OS-giken kit
I Broke 3 of them at the level of 500whp, they lasted for 1 season only, for about 500km on track.
I switched to hollinger now, but if i would go over this again i would go for R34 box + tomei final drives for R34 box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts