GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks. Just wanted to introduce myself. I recently bought my first GT-R here in the US. Unfortunately, thanks to our importation laws, the only way I could get a legalized car ended up costing 2-3 times what you folks in the UK pay for yours and they are no longer being imported. Regardless, it has been a dream car for me for some time, and I finally took the plunge.
Here it is, still dirty from an 800 mile road trip from California to Texas:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MeLLoN Stu said:
looks fantastic fella! not too sure on that reflector or whatever it is by the fuel flap, but it looks awesome regardless :)

so for those of us not in the know what did you have to go through to get it in?
Thanks, MeLLoN Stu.
Unfortunately that reflector is a part of the conversion/compliance process. :( There are some other alterations that involve reinforcing crash beams that are not visible.
The car was purchased from RBMotoring in California. They had purchased several cars from Motorex which was the company that actually submited the paperwork to the Feds to allow Skylines to be imported. Motorex went belly up about a year ago and this was one of the last cars that went through the importation process that was still available for purchase. Also, the owner of Motorex fraudently represented some documents, so teh government is not allowing any more importation of Skylines that did not meet a certain cut-off date. There are some folks who have waited over 2 years to get their cars legalized due to the legal entanglements that were caused by Motorex.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Welcome Bullit,
Whereabouts in Texas are you from?
R33 looks lovely. Probably one of the best colours you could have out there.

·
6,821 Posts
Welcome man, nice ride and nice residential area here you live there.:)

So the rerflectors are a most in Texas or howl US?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome mate. Very nice 33! Surely if its no longer possible to import a Skyline over there you could pretty much name your price if you came to sell it?
Well done.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Welcome mate. Very nice 33! Surely if its no longer possible to import a Skyline over there you could pretty much name your price if you came to sell it?
Well done.
should be about £50k-US$80k i guess.

i guess its worth it though:D

they are only able to import 1996-1998 skylines atm, because its the only skyline which they have crash reports from.

still costs a lot of money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts