GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get the rubber gasket/rubber seal that fits between the rear near side tail light and the bodywork?

I removed the rear light the other day as it had condensation in it and noticed that the 'seal' was missing :eek: The previous owner/owners have bodged it with poxy silicone sealant. It was a right shite to remove as it was effectivley 'glued' in. This did not seal all the way round hence the water was running down the channel between the boot lid and rear wing and into the back of the light..

anyone? :rolleyes:

Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooops.. I just assumed is would have a rubber seal... oh well, I'll take it back off and re-seal it with the sticky black stuff :chairshot

Is this a common problem with the rear indicators getting condensation in them?:nervous:

·
Administrator
31,752 Posts
Oooops.. I just assumed is would have a rubber seal... oh well, I'll take it back off and re-seal it with the sticky black stuff :chairshot

Is this a common problem with the rear indicators getting condensation in them?:nervous:

big problem letting the boot fill with water

that silicon is a fooker to remove!!

mook

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have the same prob with mine,the person that had it before must of removed the light and tha black sealent stuff so my indicatoe was filling with water,i used silicone and it hasnt worked either :( are there any other ways of curing this?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've done mine and theyre ok now. The black sealer is easier to remove with the help of heat gun, it turns it like hard gum and can be scraped off quite well i found.
The fit to the body is awful so when i siliconed the first one (with black wurth sealer) i only put a small bead on as if on casings but this still leaked.
Put a really thick bead on (5mm high minimum) and bolt it up.

Tony

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got the silicon from my local Nissan dealer. The fella at the counter was really into the car and just took a pack of the silicon out of a light kit and didn't even charge me.

As has been said use a heat gun to soften it before removal and apply it generously when re-fitting the light.

I found that the drainage channels above the light, under the boot lid were clogged up and was causing water to back up. Once I cleaned them up the moisture in the indicator seems to have dried up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts