GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock dampers and as for as I know HKS lowering springs.

Some rust but all working. Just taken out of my car after fitting new suspension.

£150

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello,
I'm interested, and the price is ok, but....
I have so far purchased 2x sets of oem rears from 'respectable' ebay sellers and both pairs when the springs were removed the dampers were totally u/s.
Then that caused much hassle, and I'd not want to go through that sort of thing again.
IF you could remove the rear springs and carefully test the dampers - clamp the fork in a vice, test for reasonable resistance into compression, release and check it/they fully re-extend under internal gas pressure, then re-compress and pull out to test for re-bound damping.
I know this is not an absolute test but it does give some idea, as you may well yourself be surprised by the results.
Anyway IF you can be bothered to do this, report back on your findings and then we can see about a sale?
The fronts will be fine, I'm only looking to use the front springs and rear dampers, with my other suspension parts.
Thank you,
Andrew.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
I'm interested, and the price is ok, but....
I have so far purchased 2x sets of oem rears from 'respectable' ebay sellers and both pairs when the springs were removed the dampers were totally u/s.
Then that caused much hassle, and I'd not want to go through that sort of thing again.
IF you could remove the rear springs and carefully test the dampers - clamp the fork in a vice, test for reasonable resistance into compression, release and check it/they fully re-extend under internal gas pressure, then re-compress and pull out to test for re-bound damping.
I know this is not an absolute test but it does give some idea, as you may well yourself be surprised by the results.
Anyway IF you can be bothered to do this, report back on your findings and then we can see about a sale?
The fronts will be fine, I'm only looking to use the front springs and rear dampers, with my other suspension parts.
Thank you,
Andrew.
Hello mate, you're more than welcome to come and have a look before buying but I'm not going to take them apart and mess around with them sorry. If interested drop me a pm and and can go from there, otherwise best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
received a few pms regarding these, still available. Would prefer cash on collection but can also post if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts