GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im hopeing someone could help me.

Im having a bit of a debate with someone who claims there was a Skyline in 1995 which was a GT-R 2.0 non turbo.

This isnt so is it i have done a search on the net and there was a 2.0 non turbo but it wasnt called a GT-R

Any help much appreciated

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
my first skyline was an R33 GTS (2 litre non turbo engined).

There is also a GTS25 (2.5 litre N/A).

the confusion is probably the result of someone putting a GTR badge on a GTS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i was thinking .

To be honest i work in the insurance industry and someone has come to us with this vehicle for a quote he is faxing a copy of the log book to us which apparently states the model on it, so we will have to see what that says. I thought all import log books just stated Manufacture name ie Nissan then 2 axle rigid .

Anyway thanks for your input i will let you how i get on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the log book in front of me now and it does state Skyline GTR engine size is 1990cc.

The chassis number is HR33-023308

Model - GGCAREFR33EDABHB

Will do a search on them now and see what turns up.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
fu77ier said:
Thats what i was thinking .

To be honest i work in the insurance industry and someone has come to us with this vehicle for a quote he is faxing a copy of the log book to us which apparently states the model on it, so we will have to see what that says. I thought all import log books just stated Manufacture name ie Nissan then 2 axle rigid .

Anyway thanks for your input i will let you how i get on.
It's not uncommon for the DVLA to get the descriptions wrong as well. I know quite as few people who have "GTR" on there documents, when they have a GTS-t.

Andy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts