GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.

I will write down short story of my Christmas present what I went to pick up from Ireland. I have been reading this forum for years but never owned Skyline before. In the beginning of this year one really interesting example came up for sale but for some reason, nobody bought it and I lost a track for this thread as well. In the end of November by accident i did found the original sale thread and contacted the seller who still had the car...even after a whole year. I have looked for example like this for years but what came on the sale was even better IMO.. I really love that all the right bits and pieces have been put together. Anyway..now I've done more then 900 km after purchase yesterday. I drove the car from Kerry (Ireland) to Harwich (UK) where it will be shipped to my home country Estonia. I think it was essential to go and look it up myself. Steven (the guy who sold it) was really nice person and we settled the deal quickly. And what a trip it was. 1st, Ive never driven RHD skyline before, 2nd I went to pick it up alone to country ive never been in my life, 3rd i came from left hand traffic, 4th that was no ordinary GTR..but I managed and writing this post from Luton Airport waiting for my plane to arrive..

Anyway. I think many of you might remember this car when it still was on sale section but those who don't here is the spec

Here are the pics of the interesting stuff:
Here are the pics of the most interesting stuff:

Japan papers to prove what came with the car

secondary dash for racing purpose

and little drawing what was in the car :)

F40 Brakes

Swirl pot

Rear diff/gearbox radiator + electric pump

Engine bay

when I picked it up

That rear spoiler is Nismo genuine, made from CF, i might be modifying it back to carbon look (by remove the paint)

More pics on the 2nd page

Car i imported to Ireland in 2008 when i had one owner who drove maybe 5000 km through all that time. The spec what was given with the car from Japan follows:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ENGINE:

FULL TUNE Engine Overhaul 20,000kms ago (sounds nice, and pulls hard)

HKS 2.8L Kit Step 2
HKS Full Counter Crankshaft
Crankshaft Heat Treated
Crankshaft Balanced
Nismo Metal Bearings
Nismo Conrods
Trust Cams IN 256 / EX 264
Aftermarket Valve Guides
Nismo Engine Mount
N1 Block
Head Tuned
Metal Head Gasket
Apexi AX75F82 Single Turbo
Apexi Manifold
Apexi Downpipe
Screamer Pipe Extension
SARD Racing Wastegate
720cc Injectors
Earls Type Fuel Lines and Connectors
SARD Fuel Delivery Rail
SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator
Ganador Racing Titanium Exhaust
Dual Engine Oil Coolers on Right / Left of IC (Secondary one controlled by Temp settings on FconV)
ARC Intercooler
Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit
3 Core Radiator
Billion Header Tank
Apexi Fuel Pump
Collector Tank in Boot
HKS Induction Kit
One-off Metal Suction Pipe
Silk Road Engine Torque Damper
Silicone Radiator Pipes
Metal Oil Catch / Washer Fluid Tank
Reimax Clear Cam Cover
Adjustable Cam Pulleys
Nismo Oil Cap
Radiator Cooling Panel
R34 NUR Cam Covers

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SUSPENSION / BRAKES / WHEELS / DRIVE

Volk Racing SE37 Bronze, 18x10 in all corners, 275/35/18 Tyres
Front F40 Brembo Caliper, 355mm Rotors
Uprated Brake Pads
Getrag 6 Speed Mission (From R34, Casing looks almost new)
HKS Syncros
Final Changed to 4.111
Quick Shift
Nismo Long Hub Bolt
ATS Triple Carbon Clutch
Aftermarket Steering Mount Bush
Underside Mission Oil Cooler and Pump (with Front Panel Switch )
Separate oil cooler for Rear Differencial
Cusco Front LSD 1.5 Way
HKS Driveshafts
Tein RE Coilovers (N1 Piston Spec, Short Stroke) - Overhaul 20,000 kms ago
Swift Racing Springs
Tein EDFC (Adjusts Dampening in car electronically)
Nismo Front Upper Arms
Nismo Rear Lower Arm Set
Nismo Rear Upper Ring Set
Tein Tension Rod
Uras "Pineapple" Subframe Bushes
Nismo Rear Rods
Cusco Stabiliser Front and Rear
Nagisa Auto Gachery Support
Wheel Spacer Shims
Uprated Clutch Lines (that is alos something what I've rarely seen)
Stainless Mesh Brake Flexis
Aftermarket Catalyser
Mission Member Collars

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BODY / EXTERIOR

Rear LED Tail Lights
Nismo 400R Front Bumper
Nismo 400R Front Spoiler and Diffusser
Nismo Side Skirts
Nismo Rear Bumper
Nismo Carbon Spoiler Side Covers
Ganador Door Mirrors with Side Repeaters
Front Race Use Towing Eye
Painted Vented Carbon Bonnet

INTERIOR

HKS FconV Pro Gold
Cusco Chromolly 7 Point Through Dash Roll Cage (Very Tidy Install)
Nardi Steering Wheel
Nismo Shift Knob
Custom Dash Cluster with One Off Defi / LED configuration (Diagram available)
Defi Link Meter Digital Display (Includes a Speed Display)
Defi Electronic Water Temp Meter with Warning Lamp
Defi Electronic Oil Temp Meter
Defi Electronic Large Tacho Meter with Warning Lamp
Defi Electronic Turbo Boost Meter
Defi Link Controller
Wideband O2 Monitor
Blitz ID Sequential Boost Controller
Nismo Triple Meters

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Through past years ive never seen any R33s even seen car modified to that level (not in HP wise but in all areas) and if there have been couple then normally they are really expensive. Ive owned all sorts of cars over the years but looks like ive hit Jackpot this time..I was completely surprised how good GTR is to drive and how good that particular feels

Im happy with the current power but there is more work to be done with torque. I think its mapped for max hp rather then torque or the cams must be clocked to make it better. while cruising it builds up boost so nice, just under 4000 RPM you allready see full boost...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As this car is pretty much in ideal stage for me (400R body, 2.8L, 6 speed gearbox) ive not planning to modify it further, just cosmetically (clean up engine bay, repaint), change the mirrors back to stock, improve the electricity and wiring and all that how the gauges are installed to the car + remap it once everything else is done. On they way back from ireland I managed to get 17L/100km as average consumption...i was driving it like a granny (no boost) and i think thats little to much..
I believe that its mapped for max hp so there are some job to be done in light load...rear bumper was fully covered with black smoke and fuel marks (running too rich).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I have plenty photos but have to get few more posts to unlock the photo posting..

As the HKS stroker kit changes the bore/stroke ratio, does that mean that im limited with less RPM vs stock 2,6L? (HKS recommendation for full kit is 8000RPM
)??

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Get posting, we Defi want to see this bad boy!!!!
;)
Bob

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
I would'nt go above 8k anyway, most oil pumps wont put up with it for long! And if mapped correctly the power will be dropping off then anyway:thumbsup:

Thanks I have plenty photos but have to get few more posts to unlock the photo posting..

As the HKS stroker kit changes the bore/stroke ratio, does that mean that im limited with less RPM vs stock 2,6L? (HKS recommendation for full kit is 8000RPM
)??

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I mean that engine has the same oil and water-pump I believe then my motor

This is copy from HKS web-page

"STEP ZERO" is recommended for stock or GT-SS turbine as more power cannot be output at more than
8,000rpm and STEP ZERO has the best response.

Since power output range of GT2530KAI is shifted to higher rpm than GT-SS, in order to have wider power
output range, "STEP1", which maximum rpm is 8500rpm is recommended. If budget allows, "STEP2" is
recommended for better response.

Since power output range of GT-RS Twin, T04Z and T51R KAI are shifted to higher rpm than GT2530KAI, in
order to have wider power output range, "STEP2", which maximum rpm is 9000rpm is recommended

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+ I by checking at the speck list I can see that Nismo Rods are used to build (NOT HKS ones) that means that the extra stroke is compensated with piston not the shorter rod.. meaning that it should be happy with revs.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Pics taken in japan

hood is also made from CF but repainted...I will keep it that way just that the duct will get CF look back + im planning to swap the hood pins for something better looking

LED rear lights in dark looking kind a cool IMO

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Hey

What about nismo 400R. That engine revs more then 8k right?
Yea a standard engine will rev to 10k with the limiter removed no problem, just wont last long. The type of oil pump restricts their reliability (inc aftermarket), been covered several times so wont bore you. If you want high revs, dry sump is the way ahead!:D

I do recognise the car, beautiful example mate, hope you enjoy her:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 226 Posts