GTR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
@Audiophile- I've just spotted your car in one of my old GTR Magazines when it was still in Japan!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
@Audiophile- I've just spotted your car in one of my old GTR Magazines when it was still in Japan!
Really? Thats very interesting? Can you send me the photo of that article? My whatsapp is 0037253000051

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
It's not really a full on article about the car but just a little feature, I think the whole feature is more on River Tec who I assume built the car originally?

It's all in Japanese so no idea what it says, you still want me to take a pic for you?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Pretty sure its the same car! Thanks for sharing!

It's not really a full on article about the car but just a little feature, I think the whole feature is more on River Tec who I assume built the car originally?

It's all in Japanese so no idea what it says, you still want me to take a pic for you?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Its this time of the year when parts starting to find the way back to car. Because of the short season i decided to push chassis cleaning to long and dark winter times.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 · (Edited)
Some long waited update - new exhaust manifold:

Made in Finland

321 stainelss steel + billet collector.

All the details have now been repaired, repainted, so its a time to assemble everything back together..

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Small update...

boy, gotta say this..its been a lot of thinking and rethinking what goes where etc...but things are shaping up

I have tested now the new fuel lines...and currently they hold together just fine...not a single drop of fuel. New setup has 3 fuel pumps instead of 2. one inside the tank and 2xDW300 inside surge tank.

Air filter will go to its normal position behind the front light..this is just a test..

There is a slight chance that we try to fire it up this week..stay tuned..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Small update...

boy, gotta say this..its been a lot of thinking and rethinking what goes where etc...but things are shaping up

I have tested now the new fuel lines...and currently they hold together just fine...not a single drop of fuel. New setup has 3 fuel pumps instead of 2. one inside the tank and 2xDW300 inside surge tank.

Air filter will go to its normal position behind the front light..this is just a test..

There is a slight chance that we try to fire it up this week..stay tuned..
Class mate

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 · (Edited)
Things have moved forward again.

I just realized i have 4 (FOUR) radiators. 2 for oil and 2 for coolant..

got boost?

As i am changing all the liquids Was thinking to go that route..please comment:

Front diff 1.5 LSD Motul Gear 300 LS 75W90 1L
Rear diff (factory V-spec) Motul Gear 300 LS 75W90 1L
Transfer case Motul Dexron III
Gearbox 6 speed Motul Dexron IV ATF
Gearbox 6 speed Motul Gear 300 LS 75W90 1L
Engine Motul 300V Chrono 10W40 2L

I know that Castrol Tranzmax Z is popular choice for gearbox but would like to go Motul all the way..

Car is build to rev up to 8500-9000. Engine has proper cooling, Gearbox is R34GTR getrag with additional cooling radiator + electrical pump. Its not a racecar but sees occasional trackdays. We have 4 seasons here..

Our average temperature in Celcius

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Some more updates,

Screamer pipe and downpipe are now both wrapped.. and installed Because RB30 is 25mm higher. I kept single WG on twin scroll manifold. Its Sard type-J with 66mm valve.

Found one old picture of the setup. Looks like I need to manufacture new strutbar. The old one does not fit anymore..or it fits but im sure it will rub the valve cover.

RB28DET vs RB30DET.

Stay tuned..

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Okay, guys..need some opinions.

I'm running 62/62mm turbo on mu RB30DET on T4 Twin scroll 1.06 housing from ATP turbo and external vented wastegate.

The aim is to have solid 750hp from the engine. Would that 62mm turbine gonna be too restrictive to make that kind of power? This is an Owen Development HTA82 M-spec (motorsport spec) turbo.

I have seen the exact same turbo on 2.2L Audi with E85 pushing 531kW at the wheels (850HP from the engine) with T3 0.86 single scroll housing.

Yes, engines are very different but it gives some kind of reference what the compressor is capable of. The engine is bigger on my car but so is the hotside with tiwn scroll option.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Found out meanwhile that if this is going to be too restrictive I can actually put new GTX3584RS wheel to the existing setup. Its same size but the totally different design...anyone heard about this option?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Found out meanwhile that if this is going to be too restrictive I can actually put new GTX3584RS wheel to the existing setup. Its same size but the totally different design...anyone heard about this option?
There are some confusing things you have mentioned which would help to clarify.

Firstly, you said it's 62/62 which implies the 86HTA (which is ~75lb/min, from memory) then mention the 82HTA (which is a 60mm ~68lb/min turbo) - realistically both sounding like they are too small for your needs.

The GTX3584RS sits on the new generation 35RS turbine wheel which is a completely different wheel to what is used on your turbo, one which is meant to be suited to support ~90lb/min compressor flow. That ATP 1.06a/r divided turbine housing is also not a really big flowing thing despite what the a/r might suggest to you, the internal diameter is not particularly big which is part of why they seem very responsive.

The short version of that is that I think the turbine wheel/housing combination will be the choke point of your setup as it is already if you have the 62/86HTA - upgrading the compressor is not going to help that situation. You might find yourself struggling even to match the Audi's power because of that.

If you have fabricated everything around a T4 divided manifold and the power this turbo will support is not enough then unless you are looking at a LOT more power it might be the time to consider other turbo manufacturers, as realistically you need to go up to the 42-series Garretts to get to a good divided T4 footprint option these days.

A Borg Warner EFR8474 would work nice on this setup ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Hi and thanks for getting back to me. What I mean by 62/62 is that my current spec turbo has

62mm going in (compressor inducer) and 62mm (turbine exducer) is going out. Maybe its wrong for me to explain myself that way but this is the physical aspect. PT turbos do the same I believe.

OD3582 or (HTA82) has its own design compressor wheel that has 62mm/in 82mm Ex. Turbine side is left untouched. The M-spec is more related to durability in certain conditions I believe.

GT3582R (that my current turbo is based on) has 61,4/82 (Max Flow Rate: 70 lb/min) and same turbine wheel as Owen Developments 3582. I know that GT35 cannot match the performance of Owen Developments lightweight HTA™ Billet Aluminium Compressor Wheel with an advanced aerodynamic profile (copy from their page ;), my friends Audi is living proof of that.

I think that Owen development design could be closer to GTX3582 that has 62.5/82,5 compressor side. Garrett rates this turbo to 750hp.

GTX3582 gen II has 66/82 (Max Flow Rate: 82 lb/min), turbine wheel is the same 10 blade 68mm/in 62mm/ex. (rated to 850hp by Garrett)

GTX3584RS is has 67mm/in 84mm/ex on compressor side. Turbine side is the same 68/62 but completely different turbine wheel design with a different profile and 9 blades (instead of 10).

There are some confusing things you have mentioned which would help to clarify.

Firstly, you said it's 62/62 which implies the 86HTA (which is ~75lb/min, from memory) then mention the 82HTA (which is a 60mm ~68lb/min turbo) - realistically both sounding like they are too small for your needs.

The GTX3584RS sits on the new generation 35RS turbine wheel which is a completely different wheel to what is used on your turbo, one which is meant to be suited to support ~90lb/min compressor flow. That ATP 1.06a/r divided turbine housing is also not a really big flowing thing despite what the a/r might suggest to you, the internal diameter is not particularly big which is part of why they seem very responsive.

The short version of that is that I think the turbine wheel/housing combination will be the choke point of your setup as it is already if you have the 62/86HTA - upgrading the compressor is not going to help that situation. You might find yourself struggling even to match the Audi's power because of that.

If you have fabricated everything around a T4 divided manifold and the power this turbo will support is not enough then unless you are looking at a LOT more power it might be the time to consider other turbo manufacturers, as realistically you need to go up to the 42-series Garretts to get to a good divided T4 footprint option these days.

A Borg Warner EFR8474 would work nice on this setup ;)

181 - 200 of 230 Posts