GTR Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Maybe changing the turbine wheel will allow more gasses to pass through and I can save myself from all the hassle of getting new hotside, flange etc. IF it does not work I can benefit from better flowing turbine wheel + housing.
No, your housing will be the problem - doesn't matter what turbine you have if the gas mass flow is choked on the way to it.

That Holset result - 625awkw is a lot, that's little over 1000HP on crnak right? on 3.0 l motor, the 30 PSI would come earlier
It ended up on 900hp / 671kw @ hubs maxed out on the 16cm2 housing on ~36psi, E85 once the fuel delivery was sorted. Yes, it would probably be quite usable on an RB30.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
So

ATP still sells the same housing, with the claim that it can make 1000hp with GT3584RS turbo. I doubt that its any different from the housing I have?

https://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/mercha...uct_Code=GRT-TBO-591&Category_Code=BMWinline6

No, your housing will be the problem - doesn't matter what turbine you have if the gas mass flow is choked on the way to it.

It ended up on 900hp / 671kw @ hubs maxed out on the 16cm2 housing on ~36psi, E85 once the fuel delivery was sorted. Yes, it would probably be quite usable on an RB30.
Wohaaa..thas a lot of KW-ts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Car is now running as it should. Tooks some time to figure out that i still had Injector ballast in place so the EV14's where not working as should, i was able to start the car thow few times.

I had the Ets pro controller installed and all new fluids in diff and ets system.. I have the abs and 4wd light on, can anyone advise? Ive found that it in many cases its a fluid level thing.. Any Ets pro users here with r33gtr?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Some updates in the garage. I have now swapped a smaller Owen developments turbo to a custom billet Holset unit.

About the ETS-PRO controller. Found out that its a little tricky for V-SPEC cars so I had to do some modifications to a current loom but eventually everything started to work as should. Next thing on the table is to get the speedo working. For some reason, it has stopped, is this a common problem in R33s?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Looking good, needs a clean though! Lol ? My old R33 GTR had a speedo that packed up, I sent it off for repair to a place I found online, that was about 9 years ago (pre accident) so I don't have the info. It is a common problem though I believe, something to do with the solder joints?

When I held my trip counter in, the speedo would work, bizarrely!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Have not updated for a while.

I went to a bigger tire size. This is how Federal Rs-PRo 265/40/18 semi-slick looks on18 x 9,5 RIM looks like.

Had some custom decals made that indicates little bit my philosophy when building this car.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
On the street, it's noticeable better. I have not been able to drive it on the track yet. Can't really tell if the taller sidewall affects the overall cornering speed and how. For those who think its way too large (as most run 265/35/18) it's much closer to the original size compare to 265/35/18. And my speedo now matches the GPS speed almost 100%. 100km = 101 on GPS.

Markus

221 - 230 of 230 Posts