GTR Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Maybe changing the turbine wheel will allow more gasses to pass through and I can save myself from all the hassle of getting new hotside, flange etc. IF it does not work I can benefit from better flowing turbine wheel + housing.
No, your housing will be the problem - doesn't matter what turbine you have if the gas mass flow is choked on the way to it.

That Holset result - 625awkw is a lot, that's little over 1000HP on crnak right? on 3.0 l motor, the 30 PSI would come earlier
It ended up on 900hp / 671kw @ hubs maxed out on the 16cm2 housing on ~36psi, E85 once the fuel delivery was sorted. Yes, it would probably be quite usable on an RB30.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
So

ATP still sells the same housing, with the claim that it can make 1000hp with GT3584RS turbo. I doubt that its any different from the housing I have?

https://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-591&Category_Code=BMWinline6

No, your housing will be the problem - doesn't matter what turbine you have if the gas mass flow is choked on the way to it.

It ended up on 900hp / 671kw @ hubs maxed out on the 16cm2 housing on ~36psi, E85 once the fuel delivery was sorted. Yes, it would probably be quite usable on an RB30.
Wohaaa..thas a lot of KW-ts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Car is now running as it should. Tooks some time to figure out that i still had Injector ballast in place so the EV14's where not working as should, i was able to start the car thow few times.

I had the Ets pro controller installed and all new fluids in diff and ets system.. I have the abs and 4wd light on, can anyone advise? Ive found that it in many cases its a fluid level thing.. Any Ets pro users here with r33gtr?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Some updates in the garage. I have now swapped a smaller Owen developments turbo to a custom billet Holset unit.

About the ETS-PRO controller. Found out that its a little tricky for V-SPEC cars so I had to do some modifications to a current loom but eventually everything started to work as should. Next thing on the table is to get the speedo working. For some reason, it has stopped, is this a common problem in R33s?

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Looking good, needs a clean though! Lol ? My old R33 GTR had a speedo that packed up, I sent it off for repair to a place I found online, that was about 9 years ago (pre accident) so I don't have the info. It is a common problem though I believe, something to do with the solder joints?

When I held my trip counter in, the speedo would work, bizarrely!

221 - 226 of 226 Posts