GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone,

I own a 1995 R33 GTR (non VSpec) and yesterday I noticed two warning lights popped up on my cluster: "4WD" and "ABS".
I'm from Italy, a country where you can't find any Skyline-experienced tuner, so I need some help to make a diagnosis :(
After searching on the net and on this forum I opened the trunk and watch for error codes on Attesa ECU:

-six slow flashes
-a short pause
-three fast flashes
-a long pause

After that the flashes looped the same pattern

Is it the "63" error code? (FR and RR G-Sensor 1 or 2 and circuit)

If so, I still don't know what does it mean and which parts I have to check to find out the problem...

May you help me, please?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Have you checked the reservoir in the boot? Had the same thing a little while ago...low fluid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the battery, in the boot and in the engine bay. Pretty easy to find, any black cable the connects to the body. Have you had work done recently?
About 3 weeks ago the car had the coilovers changed...
I don't know if the problem may be related to this work :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Check the wiring continuity from the G-sensor connector back to the Attessa ecu. At the same time check the g-sensor for the red stripe of death

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you checked the reservoir in the boot? Had the same thing a little while ago...low fluid.
I checked the level and it's about 2 centimeters above the max (cluster on, engine off)
Maybe I have to check it with engine running...
EDIT: The fluid in the reservoir seemed to be of two different colours... Is it a problem?

Check the wiring continuity from the G-sensor connector back to the Attessa ecu. At the same time check the g-sensor for the red stripe of death
Where is the G-sensor? How can I identify it?
Red stripe of Death?:confused:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I checked the level and it's about 2 centimeters above the max (cluster on, engine off)
Maybe I have to check it with engine running...
EDIT: The fluid in the reservoir seemed to be of two different colours... Is it a problem?
Two different colours are normal also a 5mm gap, check the reservoir when the ignition is on, I seem to remember that's when to check the level. Personally I use the level when the engine is running and I haven't had the warning lights on again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
During the weekend I performed several checks:

-G-sensor ok (no red stripe of death:chuckle: )
-Some sort of oxidation on the ATTESA ECU bracket (not on the ECU itself) but apparently there is no leaking from rear wiper
-ATF level on reservoir is slightly above max when the engine is on

As a last try I disconnected and reconnected ECU plugs: the warning lights disappeared :):thumbsup:

It was a problem of electric contact on the plug, probably because of the age of the car... I will also clean the plugs with a dry cleaner for electronic boards ;)

Thank you all guys for support :clap::cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts