GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently saw an R33 GTR for sale that seems to be mid-restore, and is in a disassembled state, so I am trying to figure out what parts are missing.

So far, it seems to have been 5 years post a respray, put into a barn and basically left in this state.

The things that are missing, visibly, are:

Front Lip, Brake Ducts, fasteners

Front Fender Liners, fasteners

Rear trunk (boot) internals, including these cross braces, the center strut tower bar, and carpets/trims.

I was looking to see if any R33 GTR owners can provide a visual breakdown of these three incomplete areas, as the rest of the car seems totally intact.

I checked the Nissan FAST screenshot thread for these areas, and it seems to be incomplete/too early 90s pixelated to actually see what the hell is going on.

------
Furthermore, if anyone knows a breaker selling any of these missing bits, that isn't a halfwit ebay seller who isn't sure what they are selling, please do let me know.

Might just spring for an S3 front lip and ducts if I get the car. I am unsure right now.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
12,538 Posts
we carry new and used R33GTR panels and trim items plus a whole host of other things.

You can call us on 01429838885 Mon-Fri

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Gtr heritage centre will help you out, highly recommended and they know there stuff. Good luck mate.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just be careful with buying a car in bits, these days you'll get your arse felt for the smallest of parts on any Skyline GTR. As the band wagon is full and on meth...We used to complain about Skyline Tax 10 years ago, this is the real deal now...
Yeah thanks, I am pretty versed in the Nissan game, and I think I have a good idea about what is missing.

That being said, I need to find a breaker who actually wants to sell the bits for a realistic price. The 3 or 4 ebay breakers right now are extremely hard to deal with.

·
Administrator
31,515 Posts
Yeah thanks, I am pretty versed in the Nissan game, and I think I have a good idea about what is missing.

That being said, I need to find a breaker who actually wants to sell the bits for a realistic price. The 3 or 4 ebay breakers right now are extremely hard to deal with.
if the price seems too high, you might be in the wrong game. "realistic" is expensive on these cars.

How rusty is it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if the price seems too high, you might be in the wrong game. "realistic" is expensive on these cars.

How rusty is it?
Lmao no chance. It's not. Its only expensive landed here in the UK being sold by some prideful dude. Prices are moving on a global scale upwards, sure, but I think the low volume of sales in the UK is what brings the issue. Market can't stabilise.

For instance, on ebay there is a good example of this.

R33 GTR Seats and door panels £750
R33 GTR Seat - LH £250
R33 GTR Pair of Seats only £999

Nice price, or crack pipe? I don't even know how you come up with that price variance. Because of it, these cars and parts sit listed for 6-9 months because the seller's are totally ridiculous.

Now, considering I come from the states, I am used to a much larger pool of retailers, parts, importers etc... so if I have to ship from back home I will. Adding in import duty will still be cheaper than some of the shit I've seen.

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
The seat price is condition dependent.

Passenger seats are cheap as it***8217;s the drivers seat which ends up worn out.
Everyone wants a mint driver***8217;s seat or a pair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts