GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am new to the site as I have just bought an R33 GTR

It's got a 6 pot AP Setup on the front but I still have the original Brembo disks and calipers etc that were taken off.

They are in good condition and the pads are hardly used.

Any offers ?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Jez good to have on Board!!

I don't need any but if you just want them out the way I have a 100 UKpounds that I don't need!! I would just put them to one side for now

Regards

Bruce :smokin:

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Aren't the pads worth that much new! I will beat that offer and would love the brakes for my 32 but I am awaiting a big bill for the car so will wait to see what offer you accept. More than £100, I would think, shame on you Bruce.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,671 Posts

Jez,

I too would like your clappers for my 32.
I have been after some for a while but don't really need the disks.

I realise 100 quid is a bit low, what would you really want for them??

200.....?

300......?

Or are you starting the bidding here???

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know these posts if no one gets the ball rolling nothing happends there are tunes of parts on the old web site I guess never got sold I called about some That were still up for grabs

Any how I did not offer I just Said I had 100 Quid that did not have a home right now!

I will leve it to you R32 boys as it would be much more handy for you to have some more stopping power when your behind R33 and R34 on the track :D :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been told that they're worth about £300 as someone recently sold an identical set for this price.

Seems like a good price to start the bidding.

I'll try and get some pictures to send if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
178 Posts
One day sunshine.....One Day.......You and your barge will suffer!

R32 Militant Wing!

p.s. got rid of my R33 brakes for more than 300quid when they couldn't stop me anymore!

·
Registered
324 Posts
"One day sunshine.....One Day.......You and your barge will suffer!"

Was that a pop at R33 and R34?

R32 Militant Wing! do you know if you are out numbered:confused:

Me thinks you mite be have a look at Gaydon Pic's :D

someone told me there was 142 UK Spec R33 so put them with all the Imports Wow thats a lot!!

DaveC how many UK spec 32 are there:rolleyes:

Wow we could have somthing going here :D :D :D

Any how (backing down to the Mite of the Dragan) if it were a R32 in front I would not worry Loads of bracking room:D :D

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Let's Cause trouble

At the least meeting I attended (where there was a cocky chap called Bruce [beard reminded me of Robert The Bruce in braveheart:eek: ])....magpies meet me thinks, there were as many R32's than R33's (the three Dave's, and G-Sport). They are getting on a bit but at least I paid under £10k for my car :smokin:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are most definitely for sale.

I reckon a reserve of £350 seems fair but they are worth more than that because of the condition they are in, i.e loads of pad left and very good nick.

I think the best way to do this is for all you R32 owners who want bigger stoppers to make an offer and they'll go to highest bidder.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Naaa,

I'll stick with my 6-pots :) - I found that the R33 setup ran out of steam on the track, but then I'm a crap driver:(

It was nice of you to point out the exclusivity of the R32 compared witht he relatively common R33:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!!
Seriously though - Bruce, don't take the p***, my
mum has an R32 and doesn't have a bad word to
say about them!!
Very seriously though - whats the deal with R32?
I know? they are lighter than 33+34, but what is
the engine spec?? - 2WD or 4WD??? - same
engine??? - ATESSA????? HICAS???? ALSD????

The local council currently has an injunction against
me owning a RWD car (too many lampposts etc)

Phil

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,671 Posts

Phil,

What's the deal with the R32?

Well glad you asked! ;)

Same RB26 DETT lump, 4wd, ATESSA, Hicas, LSD's. :D

BUT, Smaller, lighter, shorter wheelbase and of course far better looking. :eek:

AND they are the original GT-R, with hugh racing pedigree
and still rated as the purest GT-R. :D

And with a ickle svelt sexy body like that you can afford to have smaller stoppers. :smokin:

NUF SAID!!!!

(I'll just sit back and watch the bararge of verble now). ;) :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You always need bigger brakes !:cool:

I take there's noone out there who wants these high quality items then ?

Can anyone suggest a good place to advertise/sell them ?

I put a boost gauge on my car last night and discovered that it's boosting at 1.2 Bar - not good on standard turbos.
The chip and conversion was done by Power Engineering - don't know if anyone has heard of them.

Looks like I'm gonna be using the brakes money for a trip to Abbey to get it sorted properly.

Any ideas on the cost of a 1 Bar chip and conversion and a De-Cat pipe ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd be interested on the standar GTR's Brembo if only it will fit my R34 GT-T, but there is no way to confirm it unless i tried it on, and i live in Indonesia :-( I am using 19 incher though, would it help fitting by any means? I'd be willing to pay 375 pounds for them, prolly even more if there is a guarantee of fitness.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts