GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting all the problems from throttlebodies etc solved and an idle from arround 960rpm I stil question my cas sensor.
What could it be that I need to put the sensor on max turned clockwise to get 20° ignition advance on the engine.
the engine runs good and idle is good but I stil find it weird that I need t omax out the cas sensor for stock setting.

anybody had the same problem ?

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Have you removed and refitted the CAS? I've read that unless it goes back on exactly the same it can be out? That's what worries me about mine, I had my covers painted, but I marked my CAS so if it moved I could (hopefully) put it back in roughly the right place!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You cant fit it any other way on the cam I think there is a half mooun on both of them I tried refitting it more tahn 5 times Always the same

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Ah ok, yes that makes sense. I remember mine would only go back on one way too. :unsure: Sorry I can't help more!

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
Sometimes the half moon can be broken/missing from the cam. Belt could be a tooth out too. Pop the covers off and check the timing marks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timing marks are correct checked them
I marked up the cas sensor shaft and tried to put it on turned little clock or counter clockwise and I couldn't .
Half moon is in the cam and in the cas sensor .
really weird

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think I got the problem the cas alignment pin looks moved . on the pic it looks like the pin isnt straight on the cam gear alignment pin the cam alignment pin is in the middle between the 2 lower cam gear bolts .
So the rotating part of the cas is slightly advanced on the cam so I need to put the cas sensor more counterclockwise to get normal 20° timing .
Is this correct what I'm thinking ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts