GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the clutch bite point is very low, is the clutch nearly worn out?

The only clutch I've used thats worn out had a very with biting point.

Also, should the R33 GTR clutch slave cylinder point towards the rear of the car or the front. The direction of operation being the directing I mean when I say point.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Oi oi

You should have it pointing towards the back mate. Normally the biting point is at the top if worn but if you have a pull push convertor you can adjust it. Just done mine as the bitting point was on the floor. Now just above the middle ready for some hard core 2 step launchs tomorrow. :) Try bleeding the fulid out mate.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've bled the clutch.

The slave pushed towards the back of the car, but there are tapped holes for the other direction.. I never can tell which one is push or pull. I mean, the both push.

How would one go about adjusting?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I improved mine by reverse bleeding it with a syringe full of brake fluid.

·
Registered
197 Posts
push=slave operating rearwards
pull=slave operating forwards
r33s as standard are pull whilst the early 32s were push with the later 32s also being pull.
i would say youve had the pull to push conversion done at some point.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It's possible you have a cracked clutch pedal bracket, clutch master cylinder vacuum booster could also be prying off the firewall with the heavy clutch.
There is also an adjuster nut on the clutch pedal. Adjust to make the rod go further into the master cylinder to adjust the bite point higher.

Just make sure you dot remove all the slack from the system, so feel the release fork after and you want to be able to wiggle it a bit still.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts