GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for an uprated clutch, but dont know which way to go. Ive already got a Nismo single plate, but its pretty useless.
In the not too distant future im looking to tune my car between 500-600bhp, so i dont want to have to spend out twice.

Regards
Matthew Bran

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I think i'll go for a twin plate, either a Nismo one or a HKS one.
Does anyone know where i can get any of these from and how much?

Regards
Matt

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The Nismo twin is nice . Sprung hub - will handle about 500-550 rwhp (dynojet). I have been 10.7 @137 with a Nismo twin plate clutch.

But it may have been slipping. Looking at some datalogs of Nicks 600 rwhp R32 it looks a little weird in the RPM's. It may have been slipping.

The Nismo is made by Exedy.

The HKS - I think they just did a redesign. The old one was a Tilton - and might have well been an on/off switch. The twin was hard to drive - the triple was the worst thing I have ever driven in my life. And I have driven a lot of cars. It was such a hassle to drive around town - and I attribute the HKS/Tilton to my 3rd gear transmission failures. At least 2 or 3 of them anyway....

ATS carbon/carbon. We have an ATS carbon/carbon triple in the R34 and honestly its great. Around town it feels like the stock clutch.

I have not tried to race it yet , but most people I have spoken to like carbon/carbon clutches. For all intents and purposes it should handle 1000 hp.

Now ATS lowered the price on the carbon enough where its almost competitive with a good twin or triple.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Totally agree with Sean. ATS is the clutch to have...easy to live with and offers amazing perforamance.

Prices have gone down so much now that it really is an alternative to the same old compromises

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your replies, ive found out that my clutch i have at the moment has a manufacturers fault and is being replaced under guarantee. If this doesnt work i'll be in contact.
I appreciate all your help

Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts