GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just about any condition of R33 GTR drivers side seat will be useful. A mounting bracket has sheared on mine but the rest of my seat is great condition so I only need to replace the bracket, not the whole seat.

I'll take pictures of the bracket when I get a chance but please contact me with what you have in the mean time.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I feel your pain, same has happened to me :(

Going to try to weld the bracket back together tomorrow - will let you know if it works.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that was the other option. The bracket hasn't sheared all the way through yet though so the car is still useable but if I take it apart to weld it and it goes wrong, I cant use the car til I get another bracket or seat. Not so good when its my only car and way of getting about.

Certainly don't fancy the idea of welding it in position....one spark in the wrong place and that seat wont take long to go up in flames.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Some good news - it welded up no problem, and it turns out there's no risk of setting fire to the seat because the whole bracket comes out without having to strip the seat down.

At least, if the mounting bracket is on the left hand side (next to the centre console), all you need to do is pull out the zips at the back, unzip them all the way up, take off the plastic parts on that side (one screw and a plastic bung, lift off), then a 17mm socket on the base of the bracket, two 14mm bolts at the top and you can slide both pieces out. Welded them up and bolted back in. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Yeah, it is the left hand side of the drivers seat so it sounds like the exact same bracket. So you didn't need to take the whole seat out of the car?

Many thanks for the update. Its a bit of a relief :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yep, I was massively relieved also (nearly went and bought a Bride seat, so glad I saved the money).

Took some pics at the time:

Unzipped:

Unbolted the top half here:

Unbolted the bottom half here:

Broken bracket:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts