GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly i would like to say hello! I was a long term 200sx s14a owner but now I'm looking for an r33 gtr, not sure if this is the right place to post but just wanted to ask some advice really.. being a skyline noob :)

What peoples opinions on whether to go for an existing uk car or a fresh import? Looks like there are a few around the 10k mark at the moment.

I would prefer something around stage1 modified, nothing too powerful at the moment. I've seen a 430bhp purple one on pistonheads (cant post link), owner seems decent, not sure if a member on here? its done 95k but has been rebuilt at 85k a couple of years ago, currently up for 10k, is mileage a big concern?

Any advice much appreciated :bowdown1:

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's all about condition rather than milage.

The UK cars I looked at were suffering quite badly from tin worm. Having seen the condition most of them arrive from Japan in, I'd say it's definately worth gettin a fresh or recent import. That said, if the UK owner has stayed on top of it, getting undersealed regularly etc then there's no reason a UK car can't be as good. Just have a good poke around the strut tops, sills, rear arches and get it up on some ramps if possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cheers, i'm going to have a look at a couple this weekend i think so will try and view a fresh import also.

Never been keen on the r32's looks to be honest! But i know a lot of people say that about the 33's..

·
Vendor
3,452 Posts
Ok cheers, i'm going to have a look at a couple this weekend i think so will try and view a fresh import also.

Never been keen on the r32's looks to be honest! But i know a lot of people say that about the 33's..

I didn't used to like the 32s before mate , used to always prefer the 33, but over time I now offer the 32s, if done up right they look awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts