GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have the dimensions of the series 3 splitter or know where to look please?
I currently have a trust one, and although I love its look, I would like something a bit smaller that doesn't catch so much (yes my car is lowered but not too much).

Otherwise, are there any alternatives around? Maybe I've not seen them all..

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I've got a Bomex version on my car and I keep catching it in loads of places that wouldn't be a problem in normal or boring cars. I cannot even get onto my mates driveway or into my Dad's garage without it bottoming out and mine isn't stupidly low either! I think its just something that us Owners just have to get used too?!

I've looked at quite a few BCNR33's over the years and not seen one that's been used regularly in normal road use that hadn't clipped its front splitter in multiple places and was showing its distinctive traffic scars when you get on your hands and knees Dayz.

If your's is made from fibreglass, At least its sort of easier to repair the cracks and missing chunks before rubbing it all down and prepping it properly before repainting it. It'll then look good for another few weeks until you catch it on another part of our UK's p1$$ poor roads again....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a Bomex version on my car and I keep catching it in loads of places that wouldn't be a problem in normal or boring cars. I cannot even get onto my mates driveway or into my Dad's garage without it bottoming out and mine isn't stupidly low either! I think its just something that us Owners just have to get used too?!

I've looked at quite a few BCNR33's over the years and not seen one that's been used regularly in normal road use that hadn't clipped its front splitter in multiple places and was showing its distinctive traffic scars when you get on your hands and knees Dayz.

If your's is made from fibreglass, At least its sort of easier to repair the cracks and missing chunks before rubbing it all down and prepping it properly before repainting it. It'll then look good for another few weeks until you catch it on another part of our UK's p1$$ poor roads again....:rolleyes:
Yeah you are right, I love the look of mine, and yes as its fibreglass it is fixable (I ploughed my old carbon Evo splitter into a dropped kerb parking it was that low) and never get a carbon one again :thumbsup:

Certainly better not lower any more!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The Series 3 splitter is 20mm lower than the Series 1/2 splitter.

Also, unlike all the others, the OEM Nissan piece is made of ABS - so when you scrape it, it just gets scraped, it doesn't crack. Something to think about.

The only problem is the cost, and the dwindling supply.

Aki

·
Registered
25,668 Posts
Thats the problem aki i guess

Nissan doubled the cost of the 32 one

Wouldnt be suprised if 33 went similiar route

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Hi matty,can you still get genuine r33 gtr series 1,2 and 3 splitters if so could you pm me price shipped to uk.

I take it a series 3 will fit ok on a series 1,2

·
Registered
336 Posts
While you all are already discussing this, does anyone know if there's a different front brake duct part number for the series 3 splitter? The car had a series 1/2 originally.

I have a 63822 24U01 for the driver's side & it doesn't want to accept the series 3 splitter opening. It stops moving forward to where the speed clip holes are that attach the duct to the wing liner. It looks like I'll have to trim the splitter about 25mm in order for the duct to slide forward enough to fit it.

Dave's going to give me hell for asking about this again, but I hate to cut up something, particularly a new splitter. :runaway:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I'm pretty sure series 1/2 ducts wont fit a series 3 splitter as the splitter has a large opening.

I couldn't get them to fit a series 3 splitter a few years ago anyway

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Btw the Trust splitter is plastic not fibreglass so you must have Trust Style.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks Jags & samgtr for the reply.

I hope I wasn't thread crapping, dayz, I just thought I'd mention it since I had recently dealt with what you're asking about & I wanted to pass that info along.

The opening height and width in the ducts and splitter are initially OK as they are, that is, until you reach a 'step' on the duct just inside the entry where it stops forward movement.

So, does anyone know a part number for the series 3 ducts, or are they "opened up" old part numbers?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Jags & samgtr for the reply.

I hope I wasn't thread crapping, dayz, I just thought I'd mention it since I had recently dealt with what you're asking about & I wanted to pass that info along.

The opening height and width in the ducts and splitter are initially OK as they are, that is, until you reach a 'step' on the duct just inside the entry where it stops forward movement.

So, does anyone know a part number for the series 3 ducts, or are they "opened up" old part numbers?
Hi mate, not at all, more info is always good :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts