GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to upgrade to R35 brembos I have for sale my hi spec 8 pot front brakes.

complete with everything you need to fit direct to r33 gtr (new pads required)

2 x calipers which are huge 340mm long,2 x brackets for r33 gtr,2 x 380mm discs and bells,8 yes 8 x worn pads will last a short while if required,each caliper requires 4 pads,so when ordering new pads you need to order 2 sets.

pads are only available from hi spec,which I believe are 2 sets from tvr cerbera,slightly modified lugs which hi spec do in house before shipping.

new pads are ebc yellows 2 sets £143
or ferodo ds3000 2 sets £323. currently have worn ebc yellows,i find these don't wreck the discs.

380mm slotted floating discs were new last summer have done around 3 trackdays and 3/4 sprints and around 1000 road miles,no lip whatsoever,slight crazing.

calipers around 3 years old,a bit faded now but still work fantastic,last summer i swapped over to alcon extreme 365 fronts,as I needed new discs, but found hi specs were better,hence buying new discs last summer,last set of discs cost £586.

each disc and bell weights 10.2kg
each caliper and bracket weights 5.5kg

im after £900 for an excellent set of brakes that have served me extreamly well.

I would say they fit under most 18" wheels,i have had rays nismo lm gt1 18 x 10 et20 ,rota grid drifts 18 x 10 et15 and advan racing 18 x 10 et?

your more than welcome to test fit,or good excuse to buy new wheels:chuckle:

thanks paul.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I'm not 100% sure,if they would fit,I've only ever had 18 x 10's

Your more than welcome to pop down and test fit them,bring your car down,unbolt caliper,and move out the way,we could then fit bracket,caliper and wheel.

I have all tools/jacks available.:thumbsup:

Thanks paul

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hi spec 380mm 8 pots

I still have these brakes sat in boxes,would love for them to go soon as im moving,and could just do with them out the way.

3 pictures of them fitted when new,and last one with advan wheels on is the last picture I have with them on,as you can see they have faded over time but they could easily be coated again.

they do come with some used ebc yellow pads which will last a short time.

everything theyre ready to fit r33 gtr.

£500 for quick sale.

paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Can l ask, why the decision to sell and fit r35 calipers.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi noz,

Fitted the r35 brakes,as I needed big rears also,as I use the car for sprinting the discs take some punishment from cold to on the limit and was going through a set of discs each year,although I have now found the ebc yellow pads are a lot easier on the discs and work just as we'll on track.

So I thought if I'm gonna replace discs every year,I'm better off with r35 brembo as I can pick up used discs for £100 or so.

I must say though I did buy the r35 brakes last year just after I replaced last set of discs,and discs show hardly any wear with yellow pads after a year,so would always recommend ebc yellows,over the full track/race pads.

By the way the mines Ohlins suspension is still great:clap:
Cheers Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts