GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls. I am new here but ive been checking the forum long time now. I have to admit in here are the best skylines whatsoever. I got lots of my inspiration from many guys here.

so after an engine problem we had to our car after running in standard form we decided to rebuild the whole car using as many as possible HKS products since we are the HKS distributors for Cyprus. Just to mention the problem : a valveguide broke and made scratches to the piston and cylinders 4&6 . So the rebuild begins. Our plans were to build a fast GTR but to still use it as a daily driver without any problems or difficulties at all.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

So after a couple of days engine is out by our technicians. They began to take it apart slowly slowly inspecting all pieces one by one. After checking the cylinders we saw that no major damage was done to them but still we should polish them and bore them little bit.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The head and the engine sump after work has been done to them. We used a NISMO oil baffle pan which i have to admit is an art by it's own. For the head we used HKS cams 264o both for intake and exhaust along with HKS pulleys and HKS belt. We chose the 264 because combining them with the HKS GTRS turbo kit would give us the best results as per our opinion. Remember we are using the car as a daily driver also.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A NISMO twing clutch kit with flywheel. We wanted to use the HKS LA twin since we were using them until now with great results both at performance and driving experience but since they discontinued them for the 33 decided to go the NISMO way.

Also here you can see the HKS pistons oversized to 2628 cc the nickel plating and molybdenum coating. Attach the HKS rods:clap:
Again a small photo of the NISMO baffle pan and the HKS cams.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The very new version of HKS oil pump came our way to ensure safety for the engine. Also a new NISMO water pump is to be used along. An HKS fuel rail and 600's injectors to feed the engine constantly with fuel. As you can see the engine plastics, intake manifold and some more parts are painted to a similar colour to the HKS official. I have to admit, i am drooling on it.
For the head we used HKS cams, pulleys, TOMEI retainers, HKS valves, HKS valveguides , HKS valvestem seals, HKS valvesprings, just to not be afraid and rev the engine good.

As it's known when a bigger twin turbo set up is used on a GTR we have the shuffle phenomenon. We already said we are going to use the GTRS kit which they are lot bigger than the standard turbos. To avoid this phenomenon and to add a prestige touch to the engine we added the HKS racing chamber kit. Hopefully with a good map loose any shuffle problems.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's mate;)Yeah i like a lot the paint myself. I don't exactly what paint is it. My friend and mechanic chose the colour. If you want more info i can always ask him.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Thank's mate;)Yeah i like a lot the paint myself. I don't exactly what paint is it. My friend and mechanic chose the colour. If you want more info i can always ask him.
Yes, would be nice if you could do this. I'd just like to know if you could use a standard car color without any issues or if it has to be a special heat resistant one.

I'm currently thinking about a purple or apple candy paintjob for my valve cover.

Cheers mate!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

The very new version of HKS oil pump came our way to ensure safety for the engine. Also a new NISMO water pump is to be used along. An HKS fuel rail and 600's injectors to feed the engine constantly with fuel. As you can see the engine plastics, intake manifold and some more parts are painted to a similar colour to the HKS official. I have to admit, i am drooling on it.
For the head we used HKS cams, pulleys, TOMEI retainers, HKS valves, HKS valveguides , HKS valvestem seals, HKS valvesprings, just to not be afraid and rev the engine good.

As it's known when a bigger twin turbo set up is used on a GTR we have the shuffle phenomenon. We already said we are going to use the GTRS kit which they are lot bigger than the standard turbos. To avoid this phenomenon and to add a prestige touch to the engine we added the HKS racing chamber kit. Hopefully with a good map loose any shuffle problems.
Hello Panagioti

How did they manage with surge did the car run? any update?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The shuffle is noticably there due to the 2 big turbines. in our efforts to eliminate this we are installing an old design and in not production HKS exhaust manifold. This will cure it for some percentage. After that it's all in the map . We are waiting for our dyno to arrive so as our tuner could work on this car as much as he wants.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I thought so i believe do as i will, get 2x2860-5 and sent them to remachine the comp housing and but an HTA billet comp with slightly bigger size same power as gtrs no shuffle better spool.

When is your dyno coming? i might bring my car for tuning my link later on this year.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i didn't understand much what you mean about the 2860's . dyno should be here in and installed hopefully before Christmas, at least that's what Pascal said. send me a pm and i will let you know.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
i didn't understand much what you mean about the 2860's . dyno should be here in and installed hopefully before Christmas, at least that's what Pascal said. send me a pm and i will let you know.
According to the 2860 -5 you can use them istead of the gtrs and get the same power with no shuffle but to get the same power you will have to machine them and use an hta billet compressor gtrs is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh im not familiar with these mate. hopefully we will eliminate as much as possible the shuffle on the GTRS.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whenever you want mate. just give me a call before to arrange it:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Car has finished , engine run in and mapped on an HKS Fcon vpro version 3.3 by John of J.P.Motis motorsport ltd. high boost is 1.8 bar . Went on a ride at middle boost 1.4 and its spinning second gear like its rear wheel drive. Unbelievable is at 1.8 an launch control haha. We also used the new hks evc6 colour and im amazed with it too. 3 values of psi to choose from plus more functions. Will post some videos and dyno as soon as we have them ready

1 - 20 of 20 Posts