GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
R33 gtr hks t04z turbos.

Hi. I am thinking of buying 2 hks t04z turbos. My car has uprated camshaft and injectors and has been mapped. I will also purchase a close ratio quaife gearbox. I will take the car to thor racing and get all parts fitted and another remap. Can anyone advise me if i will be using the right parts. I am looking for 500 bhp with very low boost.please let me know.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
2x TO4Zs and your shooting for 500bhp?
I can anyone advise you that you are most definitely not using the right parts.

Is it school holidays already?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hi. I am thinking of buying 2 hks t04z turbos. My car has uprated camshaft and injectors and has been mapped. I will also purchase a close ratio quaife gearbox. I will take the car to thor racing and get all parts fitted and another remap. Can anyone advise me if i will be using the right parts. I am looking for 500 bhp with very low boost.please let me know.
best off to give a look at the turbo section on this site in future before enquiring about turbos that will blow 1400/1500 bhp...for the 500bhp goal that you have:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
To achieve 500hp you only need one t04z not two mate. in fact with one T04Z you can get around 600hp. Maybe you should do some research and find out a bit, we all have to learn at some point. If you want Thor racing to carry out the work I'm sure they will give you the best advice as they are one of the reputable garages. upgrading the gearbox at an early stage seems unnecessary, and it is very costly as well. Start from basic mods and work your way up. Basic mods are such as uprated intercooler, induction kit/air filters, ECU, injectors, metal/steel headgaskit, full exhaust system, decat, and it goes on and on, but first things first get the abov done then you can move on to other stages of tuning such as gearbox, and engine internals.
good luck.

·
Registered
771 Posts
hmmm...did he build that motor? Looks exactly like kiers previous setup.

Is it just a coincidence that this engine is also in a silver aust delivered gtr? Maybe i have my wires crossed

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
hmmm...did he build that motor? Looks exactly like kiers previous setup.

Is it just a coincidence that this engine is also in a silver aust delivered gtr? Maybe i have my wires crossed
Silvers the best colour :p
Must be a coincedence, as Ant is an engine builder by trade for one of the better workshops here in Perth, and this was built in that spec around 2005.

·
Registered
771 Posts
that setup would be sucking up birds out of the sky haha, do u know what power level that engine is making? Any other pics or specs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts