GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I've Googled and can't find any solid illustrations/answers.

I'd like to know the jacking points on the R33 please. I do not want to use the sills, and can't see anywhere obvious to jack?

Any illustrations would be brilliant if you know of any or can take some pics/show me???

I'm going to be jacking the whole car up (don't have a lift) and plonking it on axle stands for a while whist I change the brakes, and send off the OEM calipers for a refurb and painting red.

I'll send some juicy pics of the build if the brakes work afterwards and I don't die :)

Thank you...

Vince

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! Just had another Google and found some "Trolley jack points" :eek:

It's OK! false alarm :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I have had mine on axle stands for the last two winters while working on it. I jack the front on the centre of the subframe - it literally has an 'X' on it. I put the axle stands either side of the jack. The rear I jack using the diff, then put the axle stands either side of the diff on the rear subframe.

There's pictures and a description here: How To Properly Jack Up your Car Safely and Support it Using Jack Stands

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts