GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ive just acquired a GTR R33 and its developed a misfire at full boost, it pulls fine until it hits a certain point and then it misfires.

The car was imported in Nov 17 and has been unused for at least 4-5 months probably longer if it was unused in Japan. I've read that simply by sitting for a long time it can cause these kinds of misfires.

Also as far as im aware the stock boost level is .69bar mine seems to be maxing at .6 bar which is about when the misfire begins to occur. If may just be the gauge, it may be related or may not but I though it was worth mentioning as info for the misfire troubleshooting.

Would any one be able to recommend what parts could be at fault causing the above issues and whats are good higher quality replacements for said parts, or point me to a guide that may already exist.

As an extra thing if anyone could point me to or suggest, reliability or strengthening part upgrade/additions it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
It's always the same on these cars,

Main problems:
-coilpacks
-spark plugs
-AFMs
-cam angle sensor

Sometimes also a problem:
-coilpack harness
-coilpack amplifier
-fuel pump
-bad mapping

Don't rule out:
-02 sensors
-Fuel filter
-Water temp sensor ( the one in the intake manifold )
-And check the ecu plug is fitted in correctly

With a misfire, I'd check and test the coil packs first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all thanks for replies, the car is stock save for a twin plate clutch, suspension, bigger brakes, wheels and exhaust. Nothing engine wise has been changed yet as far as im aware.

The exhaust still has a cat. For the coils and spark plugs i think its using the standard ones.

I only just acquired the car, ive done my best to read the Japanese receipts :p and the stuff mentioned above is all i can find receipts for.

The car idles a bit high, around 1300-1500rpm.

The car has been compression tested and all was good there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts