GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased from Quebec and working on getting it moved into the USA. From the pre-purchase inspection it looks like one of the cylinders has no compression so an engine rebuild is in it's future.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean looking example. I do like the shaved boot/trunk. What direction are you going with the build?
I'm still getting options from the garage going to do the engine build/tune. My initial idea is just to clean up the RB26 that is in it and go for a modest 400-500 whp but I'm open to other ideas.

Looks like you've got a great R34 with an RB28. Any suggestions based on your experience? I don't know if going RB28 makes sense for me based on my goals. But what do you think the cost difference is?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm still getting options from the garage going to do the engine build/tune. My initial idea is just to clean up the RB26 that is in it and go for a modest 400-500 whp but I'm open to other ideas.

Looks like you've got a great R34 with an RB28. Any suggestions based on your experience? I don't know if going RB28 makes sense for me based on my goals. But what do you think the cost difference is?
400-500whp is pretty easily achievable. a built 2.6 with Garrett -9's or -5's will get you there.
if you're wanting to go single turbo, a GTX3582 will also make a good, responsive 500whp with ease.

The reason mine is 2.8 and Vcam is I wanted a super responsive 500-600whp with twin turbos (cops will defect your vehicle here in Melbourne and make your life a misery) and I wanted to use 98RON as E85 isn't too accessible in my area. There are definitely more cost effective routes to make the power

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting your rational. Your car sounds like it would be really nice to drive. I'm still working through all of my options with a shop here. Time frames are all over the place with the covid stuff but hopefully I can make some progress over the next month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts