GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the limit speed is for the nismo front spoiler kit (lip spoiler and under engine diffuser) on the R33 GTR is?
cause i did a top speed run with it on and it broke free of the bumper taking bits of the bumper with it, along 6 of the bolts on the left side :/

·
Registered
558 Posts
had 180 with mine and no prob,did yours have the 3 brackets fitted at the rear of the diffuser part up to the crossmember,without these they move around alot

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did indeed!
all the appropriate screw clips and brackets were installed...

well i was going along at 9.5k rpm in 5th, i let off the throttle to slow down, and as i came to about 7k rpm i heard a 'krrrrrrr' noise, slowed to a stop and got out to find that it had broken free all along the left side.
the lip had a hole along the leading edge where it had rubbed against the road, the clips and bolts and holes on the lip were ok, but the clips had ripped the pieces of the bumper that they were clipped to clean off..

ive had it fixed, and done a few top speed runs since. thing is i now have the splitter hanging in my room, and i just think its a bit of a shame to be just looking at it rather than using it. on the other hand i dont want it to break off again and me to end up driving over it at 200mph, that would could be more than a little messy :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts