GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this forum for a couple of months now, i have finally registered!Now that i am in a position to buy a Skyline:D :D i was wondering if i should get a nearly new R34GTS or an older GTR33,i apologise if this has been covered a million times, but how much better is the GTR over the GTS. The power figures as standard dont seem a million miles away,and i know you wont be able to tune a GTS to the crazy levels of a GTR but i probably wont anyway;) i would imagine running costs and insurance wont be radically different, but you are the people to ask so give me the lowdown
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Choices choices!

Firstly you will notice the price difference in the 34 range being massive between the GT-R34 and the GT-T34. This is because the GTR is loaded with lots of goodies that the GT-T hasn't. The 4 wheeldrive (when needed) Gizmo for one the twin turbo another.

In my opinon I would go for the GTR 33, test drive them both and see (if you disagree you'll be the first).

.....Ian

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
GTR or GTS

Personally I would go for an GTR33 any day of the week!It handles much better due to to HICAS(four wheel steer,which 'turns' the rear wheels 1or 2 deg to aid with steering),four wheel drive with gizmos to transfer power when and as need(as you probably know it stops excessive wheelspins,helps handling,etc.),you get two turbos,as Ian said(twice the fun :D POWER!)

Apart from the extra goodies you also get those fabulous front and rear wing bulges which sets it apart!Also some extra dials in the interior console !

It's up to you though mate.I think you should try them both and drive them for quite a few miles and somewhat aggresivelly to be able to tell more of a differance!Don't rush to buy one.Take your time and look well.There are alot of 'dogs' out there!It took me personally 7 months to find mine of constant hard searching,and countless of vechicle test drives!

Good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decisions

Thanks for the replies, looks like i have a long search ahead of me for a GTR 33 :D,still i suppose there are worse things to spend time over!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts