GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just getting back from a tour of afghan and got some money to place very gently into a skyline
would love a 33 GTR but im not going to let my heart rule my head anymore, iv learnt from past cars lol
would like some advice as i cant find any threads on which one to go for in particular.. or even if you have time some pros and cons of the entire range would be a dream... got around 11k cash to put towards the car looking for around 400-450 bhp for that sort of money dont know what im going to get... thanks for the responses in advance

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Exactly the same as me, i got back from Afghan and bought a R33 GTR.

For a 11k it would be worth getting a low mileage nicely modded R32 GTR. And you would easily have between 400-450bhp.

R32 GTR

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
with 11k you can get a very nice R33 gtr and 400bhp is easily obtained as for pro's and cons there is an on going thread

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/46815-r32-gtr-vs-r33-gtr.html

with views from owners of both, at the end of the day its about personal choice (i have a 33) the 33 has better brakes and looks better but they will be loads of people on here in a minute telling you "the 32 is lighter and better and you can change the brakes" but like i said personall choice.

all i say is take your time and buy one with history!

tib

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andyyc and MrGT thanks for the early advice
im sure its going to be a long and thoughtful journey to my first RB powered rocket
im looking towards a 33 GTR tho..
thanks for that link very interesting reading

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally i Absolutely hate the 32.. it looks like a chunky nissan bluebird lol
and its got to be a gtr so keep the comments coming guys
its good to know all this backstreet info

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I`d go for one with loads of service history, 33`s are old now and if you find one thats been well looked after it should be alot better than just getting one with loads of mods.

·
Registered
623 Posts
BCNR33

Personally i Absolutely hate the 32.. it looks like a chunky nissan bluebird lol
and its got to be a gtr so keep the comments coming guys
its good to know all this backstreet info
People will have thier own preference, they are all GTR's, someone said the 33's are old now, so that would make a 32 OLDER, and finding one that hasn't been driven to hell and back nightly will be a real chore, besides 32's are UGLY as F***, 34's also. They can all be made to run like a scalded dog, for very little money.

BNR32 = experiment
BCNR33 = PERFECTION
BNR34 = a F*****D up Job trying to get the 32 to look as good as the 33

But really it is personnal preference, where are you planning on procurring this car from.

·
Registered
623 Posts
BCNR33 Japanese step child

Nürburgring lap times
8:22.38 147.62 km/h - Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
7:59* -- 154.82 km/h - Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
8:28.1 - 145.98 km/h - Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

In stock form at Nürburgring the BCNR33 blisteringly spanks its siblings :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow alot of support on here from you guys,, cheers for all the comments,, is it true what i read that on high boost a stock 33 gear box will last about 2 months... im not looking for a standard car to start with and was wondering what options there are.. ie some form of aftermarket dog box... and also is anyone here live in colchester or in essex so i can maybe ask them to come with me for a ride and some advice when i view a few cars thanks again

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
How about going round to Tweenie Rob's TR Racing in Harlow and getting some first-hand input?

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
A late 33 box will handle 400-450 without problems. (as long as it is good condition)

High boost in itself has nothing to do with gearbox problems - they just produce more power on high boost.
Its power or infact more likely torque that might damage them .

There seem to be an unusually high number of people that dont like the 32s looks on this thread . Generally it is in fact the other way round.
But personal choice is what you should go by.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yh il try and get ahold of him today then,,, out of interest of those who straight there cars 1/4 mile,, whose had box trouble and what are the does and donts also what power are you putting down safely and what ETs are you getting,,,iv only taken a 20v turbo fiat bravo on the straight and although i was getting high 13 seconds i had stripped it out completely and it weighed less than piss wet through sock,,, the gear box on that has started going now also im online today looking for 33 GTRs,,, what the general thought on piston heads and the like,,, for narmal cars i wouldnt go on there but i think owners are taking a bit more car of there skys than the rest of the trash,,, im not looking at doing more that a drag day once a month if that,,

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Jay, I think you should have said what you wanted to do with your R33 at the beginning of the thread. Nothing gentle at all! What you are now saying has changed the parameters completely, IMHO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts