GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been looking around pistonheads and other sites and it seems R33 GTR prices are starting to rise

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Hasn't this been covered in another 32 gtr thread lol!!?

I think the used car Market is improving in general (apart from a few exceptions)?

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
the cost of getting them in from Japan has risen significantly with the poor exchange rate.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
LOL, just because people are jacking up the prices it doesn't mean the cars are now worth more. How many of them are selling at that level? You only have to look at the prices DaveW of the GTR Shop to see how the prices should be. He has a few, way, way under 10 grand. If they were suddenly worth a lot more don't you think he'd raise his prices? He knows what he's doing, as he's a businessman not a charity. Even that tasty Nismo R33 is under 10 grand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Something's got to give a little somewhere. 10,000 quid is not worth nearly so much any more in the relative scale of things...

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Ok guys, all you out there with over-valued/over-priced cars, tell me how long they have been on the market for? banzai g how long have you been trying to sell your car for?

·
Registered
788 Posts
My car has been forsale a few times !!!!! I take notions !!!!
U trying to say my cars overpriced ?????
Go try build a r33 gtr with the same spec and one as tidy as mine !!!!
Somehow i dont think 20k would do it somehow !!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I've never claimed I could build one for 20 grand. But what was spent on a car doesn't mean it will sell for 26 grand, or 23.5 grand, or even 20 grand, as you've found out. I'm not knocking the car at all, far from it, it's the price that's stopping a sale not the car. I like the car, but imo it's over-priced. When cars are priced correctly they sell. Simple economics. Too high, and they just sit there for ages until the price is lowered. But by then the cars value has dropped even more.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Fair enough mate !!!!!!!
But to be honest , if i dont get round the figure im looking ill just keep !!!!!!!
Dont really need the money,i already turned down 18k.
The cars worth more to me rather than sell it to someone for say 15k !!!!!!!!
I do have alot off interest in the car ,few waiting on me getting it mapped and finished.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Cost and resale. Have a look at the for sale thread for the R33 jae was selling. He spent 90 grand on that, then sold it for 12 grand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ive read it !!!!! Im not Jae , Im not in need of the money .
If it sells for good money fair play !!! If it dont itll stay. No harm done.
As i said im not bothered either way. ;)

·
Registered
25,946 Posts
the cost of getting them in from Japan has risen significantly with the poor exchange rate.
There's Lots of small importers going out of business I think

Speaking of 33s we sourced a red one loads of tune up bits last week

Customer likes it

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I'd keep the car rather than take a huge hit, cos to do the same again, is a pointless waste of money. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't end up with a better car, it might be as good though, but I very much doubt it would be better. It would break my heart if I spent close on a 100 grand building a car and had to sell it for peanuts. So I CAN understand why sellers want top dollar for their cars, but there comes a point where they have to be realistic about the price. :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'd keep the car rather than take a huge hit, cos to do the same again, is a pointless waste of money. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't end up with a better car, it might be as good though, but I very much doubt it would be better. It would break my heart if I spent close on a 100 grand building a car and had to sell it for peanuts. So I CAN understand why sellers want top dollar for their cars, but there comes a point where they have to be realistic about the price. :)
I see your point mate 100% and i agree to a certain extent !!!!!!
But if people want a PROPER car they pay more for it !!!!!!!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts