GTR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Very nice! Got any photos of the Nismo CF pipe? Curious to see if there is any yellowing of the clear coat on it

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
At this point now I had all the parts I wanted to finish off the motor!! So after a good month of debating if we should take it to a shop to put the parts on....we decided to continue how we have all along and do it on our own! And make a much bigger project out of these motor upgrades....... we also decided to go crazy and finish our wire tuck and shave we eased into the other year since so much of the engine was coming apart.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Well now that we had our game plan we got right to it and started taking the skyline apart again. Took the turbo side apart so much by now I think my buddy and I were able to do it this time with our eyes closed. Then we were excited/nervous to finally take the oem intake plenum off for the first time. I remember us thinking it wasn’t as bad as we thought it would be.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Did they yellow over time or from new? It’s on my wish list of things to buy and thinking what to expect

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
So since I got a new Tomei metal head gasket we just took the head right off next. We also figured that would give us more room for all the body work that will be going on in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
After researching a bunch on those brake lines that run right along top of the firewall. I found a great company GKtech that makes an abs delete kit. So with that being found I was deleting my abs.

·
Registered
25,657 Posts
from memory you will need the intercooler pipes as well in order to fit it, plus obviously re-mapping

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Now that we had everything taken apart that we needed to...the fun started. I began figuring out where I was going to reroute all these wires and started extending them and re routing every one. While my friend started welding all the seams in the bay along with filling a lot more holes!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
All seams welded and 72 more holes filled. The reason for the engine hoist in the pic is......as we were taking the engine apart we saw that my one motor mount was bad (guess that explains why my motor had a little shake to it). So with that being said new motor mounts were ordered and decided to have a few parts chromed since you would now see them better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Looking back for pics on the next step here I find I don’t have any. Anyway at this point all the metal was sanded down so we laid bondo. And sanded and sanded and then sanded some more. Then would lay some more bondo to sand down some more. Think I used an old container at one point and it became super difficult to sand. Ahh yes I remember the aggravation during this step now...... that would explain why no pics.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
At this point now all the body work inside the engine bay was finished. So we got everything covered and taped off and it was time for primer. I couldn’t wait for this step to finally See it coming together.

181 - 200 of 222 Posts