GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

First post here - nice little community you have here!

Came across here while trying to figure out if you can make a R33 GTR RWD by disabling a fuse. Came across a thread on here about a R32 in which you can do this by disabling the fuse (usually by a switch) and it would lock the front and disable ABS and can be turned back on by stopping.

But in that thread someone mentioned it can only be done in R32 and if you do it in R33/R34 it will "break shit". Is there any way to easily and safely do this in a R33 GTR? I plan on picking one up in the spring and shipping it to Canada.

I'd much rather stick with the R33 GTR over a R32 or a GTS because I like the body style better on the R33 and the GTR comes stock with the RB26.

Is it possible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks for the help. If I do that though it wont be as easy as "flipping a switch" though right?Just by searching around I found out about the Dancer Grid (think thats the name) - Would that eliminate the issue at all? Ideally i'd like to just flip a switch much like the R32 - but if thats not possible...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
yes you'll kill your clutch... it took some investigating but an email to the tuner who dyno'd my car for the previous owner uncovered the fact they had just removed the fuse.. that is why I have no 4wd...

Grid Dancer would indeed be the answer..

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The GRID TS Dancer just messes with the Atessa-Solenoid, so I think you will burn your clutch packs with it, too. It just takes longer. Afaik the preload is mechanical and can't be taken away just with electronics.

Remove the front propshaft if you want to test the car in RWD on the dyno or something, but stop messing around with it on the street.. BTW it's no problem to slide around the corner with a GTR, depending on the Steering wheel angle, the Atessa is disabled and doesn't transfer Power to the front wheels..

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts