GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im a newbie to skylines and just doing my homework before taking the plunge.
Im a big fan of leather interiors but it seems that the skyline will either need a retrim or different seats with a trim to match up the rears.
Was there only one colour (light grey) for the R33 GTR seats as there is a thread about chris singletons old uk model and it seemed to have darker grey seats with red inserts.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think the fabric is the same, and the difference is the early jap ones had purple/bluey stiching and the later jap and uk ones had red stiching.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hi, im a newbie to skylines and just doing my homework before taking the plunge.
Im a big fan of leather interiors but it seems that the skyline will either need a retrim or different seats with a trim to match up the rears.
Was there only one colour (light grey) for the R33 GTR seats as there is a thread about chris singletons old uk model and it seemed to have darker grey seats with red inserts.
There are some 33's with leather trim as standard (like mine):chuckle:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When did they change? version 3 1996 onwards? vycka25s 1998 car looks to have the light grey with blue stitching interior.

Sean, i take it your factory leather interiors are as rare as hens teeth?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
When did they change? version 3 1996 onwards? vycka25s 1998 car looks to have the light grey with blue stitching interior.

Sean, i take it your factory leather interiors are as rare as hens teeth?
I'm by no means an expert but I believe so.

The reaction at RB Motors when they saw it for the first time was;

'Oooh One of the posh ones!'

That'll do for me!:chuckle:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any pics mate?
i havnt even bought a car yet and im getting excited abt leather interiors!:squintdan
alan, that was a good price. was that a custom retrim or the interior from a crashed factory one?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
any pics mate?
i havnt even bought a car yet and im getting excited abt leather interiors!:squintdan
alan, that was a good price. was that a custom retrim or the interior from a crashed factory one?
I'll take a couple tomorrow

·
Registered
419 Posts
my cousins 98 R33 GTR had dark purple leathers with red stitching i think or it might have been dark black:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very nice indeed sean! really sets the car off :bowdown1:

skyline boy, was that a factory interior or custom?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Leathers

Out of the 100 U.K cars, only 20 had leather interiors. None of them were standard from factory. Middlehurst commisioned, I believe Connelly's to supply and trim the said 20 vehicles, mine is one of them, I'll put up some pics over the weekend. There are a few more with copy interiors about? The originals had the door card inserts piped in leather also.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pupsi, you read my mind i was intending to phone nissan today to ask about factory spec interiors!
Looks like il just have to budget for a retrim or else two new bucket recliners up front.
Il think about it once i have bought a car :chuckle:

·
Registered
552 Posts
You can always get your interior trimmed yourself, like i did. All in Anthrasite, combination of fine and perforated Nappa, Door cards, Rear shelf, Rear Quarter cards, Seats, Center consul, Headlinning and sun visors

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
I haven't got a better picture at the moment but the UK cars supplied with leather all had 'SKYLINE' embossed on the seats.

I chose the leather to match the standard V-Spec interior colours.

I ordered the interior when buying my car new and is was listed as a £2K optional extra.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts