GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls,

I should know this.. BUT i dont..

Anyone here with a series 3 GTR, can you please shed some light on the rear fog lamp?

How do you use it? Is it activated automatically when the lights are on? Or is there a switch for it? - etc. If so, which switch?

I've never actually seen mine light up, not that i've ever had to use a fog lamp haha but still, if its a blown globe or something - i would like to fix it, but need to know how it works first!

Any info or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks all

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Switch on mine is on 'underside' of the dash, slightly to the left of the steering wheel (I think, will check later). Small black rocker switch (won't work unless lights are on, and also brings up a fog light symbol on the clocks).

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Confirmed; it's got the fog light symbol on the switch too. Note fog light is the off-side (driver's side) 'reverse' light (i.e. red bulb).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey guys, thanks for the info!

I think i know which switch we are talking about, i will take a picture of it this morning to confirm.

In regards to switching it on, i have tried it - but it doesnt seem to want to stay in either direction (left or right!) is this normal?

I have pressed it both ways with the headlights on, and it doesnt light up - so it must be a blown globe or something? Will get an auto electrician to take a look at it.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just a follow up post -

Is this the switch?

In regards to switching it on, i have tried it - but it doesnt seem to want to stay in either direction (left or right!) is this normal?

I have pressed it both ways with the headlights on, and it doesnt light up - so it must be a blown globe or something? Will get an auto electrician to take a look at it.

Please confirm.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey mate, thanks for that.

Its chris here from australia - got a new user name, you helped me out previously with the oil cooler if you remember! :)

I have a nismo dash, dont know if it will have the fog light symbol? Does that mean the series 3 instrument clusters are different to the earlier models?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Not sure on instrument cluster types, but a bit more info on the switch; click the left hand side of it to switch on (doesn't latch in position, as mentioned above) and then click the left hand side of it (if that makes sense) to switch it off.

Obviously lights need to be on for it to work. If it's not working I'd check the bulb first (off side brake light).

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Just re-read my post - should be click the right side to switch off!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts