GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here have a Series 3 front splitter for a R33 GTR and be willing to let Knight Racer borrow it so they can make a mould off it and start making replica series 3 lips since these are hard to come by and if they do come up for sale they are approx £400.

Would be appreciated if someone could PM Knight Racer with details. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Or maybe knight racer could buy there own splitter, why should one of us let them use ours, would I get a cut from every splitter sold as they copied mine?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or maybe knight racer could buy there own splitter, why should one of us let them use ours, would I get a cut from every splitter sold as they copied mine?
It's very hard to get hold of a series 3 splitter unless they went straight to Nissan. I will speak to them if they are ok to give you a percentage on the sales.

If they get hold of an original item, they can take a mould from it and start making replicas which will be better for us as they won't be as expensive and they will be running a group buy on it.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Have you bought any replica lips before?

Some replica lips fit just as good if not better than the original item.
I have and they have all been poor including carbon.

They also crack if they even graze something, after my experiance I would only run OEM plastic lips, unless your car is a no go, show queen

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to own a very low civic eg6 and I used to run a thick lip at the front, I was just very careful when I used to drive and never damaged it.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Since I've been part of the forum I've bought 2 sets of arches, 1 set was good enough to keep. I've bought 1 splitter, it was 2" to wide and the quality was piss anyway so that went back. I bought 1 rear diffuser which was so bad I couldn't bring myself to sell it on. It was bought privately but the previous owner bought from the same place I bought all the other stuff from.
Buy new or hold out for genuine used in any condition

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Japsalon mad a very nice greddy lip that fitted nicely, but i beleve owner has sold on business..
And it was fibre glass so 1 hit and it would smash.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Japsalon mad a very nice greddy lip that fitted nicely, but i beleve owner has sold on business..
And it was fibre glass so 1 hit and it would smash.
Funnily enough the one set of arches that I kept were from japsalon so no compliants with them from me

·
Administrator
31,884 Posts
I got a battered one you can have for £50 if you want
Saif,
Buy this and fix it up. Or get a price on a Trust splitter as they are plastic too. Otherwise I can't see what's wrong with your carbon one?

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Abs plastic is the only way for spliters/ lips, as mentioned everything else disintegrates with the slightest knock. Unless you get something made with aramid fibers (kevlear)

Love my series 3 spliter, very battered and out of shape at the moment tho, and as mentioned the oem ones are a scary price for what they are.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
This is FANTASTIC - Saif, you want our members to contribute to the THEFT of intellectual property? I mean, if you're going to make copies, why can't they buy their own?? Are they that fly-by-night? (no pun intended)

But seriously, everyone has good points. There's a reason why copies are cheap... you take your chances. And functionally yes I have to agree, ABS is the only way to REALISTICALLY not have to worry too much about them cracking at every scrape.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Anyone on here have a Series 3 front splitter for a R33 GTR and be willing to let Knight Racer borrow it so they can make a mould off it and start making replica series 3 lips since these are hard to come by and if they do come up for sale they are approx £400.

Would be appreciated if someone could PM Knight Racer with details. :thumbsup:
You cannot be serious ! !

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Companies like fibre workz have made some very impressive replica items that fit perfectly but I agree on the cracking issue. I think i'll just wait it out for a plastic one to come up for sale again.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts