GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Can anyone tell what side skirts these are in the picture below? Someone told me they were r34 nismo ones; they also look a bit like the hasemi ones bit not quite.

Cheers

Adam

·
Registered
390 Posts
Don't think those are R34 Nismo addons. I'm sure I've read the 34 has a shorter wheelbase thus a shorter side skirt.

They do look cool though. I'd be interested in a pair for mine instead of going for rep 400R skirts, but I'm sure Matty32 will pop his head in here saying he can get them. Sadly he'll then say the price is probably £800 per side or something along the arse-backwards pricing that comes with the skylines these days.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some more digging i'm almost 100% certain these are Hasemi ones - I actually think Matty32 was selling them a while back for near the £600 mark..... :'(

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Don't think those are R34 Nismo addons. I'm sure I've read the 34 has a shorter wheelbase thus a shorter side skirt.

They do look cool though. I'd be interested in a pair for mine instead of going for rep 400R skirts, but I'm sure Matty32 will pop his head in here saying he can get them. Sadly he'll then say the price is probably £800 per side or something along the arse-backwards pricing that comes with the skylines these days.
GTR tax unfortunately! Then again, would you rather drive a Fiesta or Focus, pay £50 for most "well sorted innit mate!" parts and have your car look the same as every other teenagers first car?

No, me neither. :wavey:

Those skirts skirts do look lovely, going for genuine 400R though myself! Just getting driveline and engine stuff sorted first, then exterior. :smokin:

·
Registered
390 Posts
GTR tax unfortunately! Then again, would you rather drive a Fiesta or Focus, pay £50 for most "well sorted innit mate!" parts and have your car look the same as every other teenagers first car?

No, me neither. :wavey:

Those skirts skirts do look lovely, going for genuine 400R though myself! Just getting driveline and engine stuff sorted first, then exterior. :smokin:
I think the most frustrating thing is that prices have skyrocketed the last 24 months. I see posts selling nearly new xenons for near £1k 3/4 years ago, now you're looking at easily 3 grand.

We'd all love genuine parts just as much as the next guy. But we aren't all in the same boat financially. So when I see a quote for 400R skirts at around the £1200+ mark, I think to myself are those 2 pieces of plastic really worth THAT much? Given how little they actually cost to produce? They don't make the car drive any better or go any faster.

In my case I had to weigh up £1200+ for 2 side skirts or £1500 for two -5 turbos...which did I want more :nervous:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Hehe I know what you mean! I'm just thinking from a quality perspective and trying to keep things Nissan / Nismo for the most part with my car. :) Takes a bit longer at todays prices though!

Definitely agree with function over form, hence doing clutch, gearbox, air & fuelling first. My car is fairly OEM on the outside for now (used to have lots of carbon...) most annoying though was the genuine 400R kit the previous owner removed and sold, looking back at 2008 prices for those parts make me weep! Lol :runaway:

·
Registered
390 Posts
most annoying though was the genuine 400R kit the previous owner removed and sold, looking back at 2008 prices for those parts make me weep! Lol :runaway:
Yep! I hate googling for parts, only for it to take me to a thread on this site years ago when people were giving genuine parts away for pennies :mad: You can see the pilot holes on my rear bumper where spats were once fitted :rotz:

I think down the line I'll splash out on some genuine skirts, spats etc. For now I'm chasing performance. Not long 'til MGT have it for a fairly big upgrade :bowdown1:

·
Registered
25,032 Posts

its why i dont really bother replying these days

GT-R is a historical car, yes parts are expensive and parts prices have increased. Japanese prices have remained constant, its more the exchange rate

bought my 32 in 2003 for £11k, sadly prices increase on everything

those side skirts are really nice and fit well.

there are other people who wish to purchase genuine items at the higher price.

prices wont go down.

so its a take it or leave it situation im afraid.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess the pricing comes with the territory really, and the weaker pound won't help. Anyone getting into the Skyline game expecting it to be cheap is probably gonna be very surprised haha. I guess genuine parts also help with the resell-ability of your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts