GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've recently brought a Nissan skyline R33 GTR v-spec.
Everything was running fine. Went in for minor service.
After I picked it up I was driving home and it sputtered heavily at 5000rpm, it clears but then does the same at 7,000rpm.
Car idles little rough at first but then settles down.
Car drives absolutely fine until you get to 5000rpm.

I've replaced plugs-same problem
Tried a coil pack off mates skyline- sputter/miss fire no way near as bad but still there.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Mine was the wiring to the coil packs. It's fairly common as the heat destroys the wiring, and each time you mess with it it get worse.

I did coil packs and wiring, but did them separately to see the affects of each and the wiring is what solved my misfiring issue.

I believe member Wouter sells some aftermarket harnesses that are higher quality.

Best of luck.

Cory

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was the wiring to the coil packs. It's fairly common as the heat destroys the wiring, and each time you mess with it it get worse.

I did coil packs and wiring, but did them separately to see the affects of each and the wiring is what solved my misfiring issue.

I believe member Wouter sells some aftermarket harnesses that are higher quality.

Best of luck.

Cory
Totally with you, the spark amp was messing around on mine, but this was sue to the wiring being overheated & bad connections....
Exactly this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts