GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just about to order a set of tein lowering springs 30/35mm and some 18 x 9.5 et12 Wheels with 265-35-18 tyres.has anyone else got this set up so I can check for clearances and drivability etc and any pics so I can visualise what the stance might be once fitted.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Dave,

just as a suggestion - DO NOT buy lowering springs for a GT-R.

Lowering springs may be fine for a lower tier performance vehicle or even a VIP style cruiser but GT-R's are NOT this type of car.
If you're going to adjust the suspension geometry, including dropping the ride height, on a car like this, then do it properly. Your money would be better spent finding a full set of adjustable suspension from the likes of HKS, Tein, Cusco or Ohlins. Over in the UK MeisterR is a popular option too.

In the end you get what you pay for but the headaches I've had on old FWD or even RWD cars that have just had lowering springs beggars belief, tyre wear through the roof to begin with...
BUT that's nothing compared to what you can throw out of whack on a GT-R thanks to ATESSA.

OH and i'm ignoring your Stance comment - a GTS or 25T - sure, slam it, do whatever. A stanced GT-R is nothing but wasted potential.

Do things properly mate or not at all with a car like this, you'll thank yourself later. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers.i will look into some coilovers.not sure what stance means as is in Australia.but I was merely referring to how the car would look with these mods 👍

·
Registered
197 Posts
Stanced - form over function - people who drop their vehicles to an unusable extent, usually with massive camber.

I run Ohlins Road and Track in my 34 - i can still go over MOST speed bumps and the car can cope with NZ's B roads which are incredibly pock-marked and cracked. Just be careful with your terminology, if you roll into a suspension shop and say: I want it SLAMMED the chances are you'll end up with a vehicle that's unusable most of the time. Find a shop you're happy to work with and plan stuff from there :)

Good luck mate!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Struth! No pissing about!
XD

Look there are a lot of haters out there, but i LOVE R33's - less complex wiring than my 34 so easier to work on, great looking, way more rigid and a much better interior than the 32 as well!

Which set you get mate? NEW PART SMELL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts