GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping some people are able to assist , i have a uk spec R33 which im recently doing underside inc overhauling the subframe and all bushes with nism ones been buying lots of parts last few yrs ready to do this , today i have removed the diff and gearbox oil cooler and pumps , have tested pumps off the car and amazingly they still work , have tried checking power to harness and test temp sensor but a little bit stuck as i cannot find any info about the wiring where the feed is from , what energises the pumps from what i can guess is the temp sensor switch earth on a relay which energises the pumps question is where are the relays etc and fuse location im thinking boot area any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Sadly, I'm not sure anyone 100% knows anymore. I've asked Andy Middlehurst about these bespoke Coolers and My questions fell on deaf ears. The only thing We've managed to get was this from Nissan FAST :-

Even the Handbooks only mention the warning light on the dash when a problem occurs and to get the fault diagnosed at the Dealer. Sorry I cannot help You here jon379... :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for reply will do a bit more investigating but looking at wiring disappears into the loom so looks original snd not an add on on rear diff 2 temp sensors one located in sump plug and one off memory return if i found out how it works will update

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did a bit of wiring tracing etc looks like our cars had a specific loom made for the oil cooler power etc unsure if any other spec3 cars have the looms preinstalled , above the fuel pump their is a metal bracket with a auxiliary power and relay block 2 fuse on this are power to the pumps under boot with 1 relay which when energises powers the pumps, the relay are earth switched via the temp switch located into the diff intend to do a bit more research have got a few pics not best will try and do bit better write up

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Light brown relay controls the pumps when engine running relay has power to it and is switched via temp switch in diff , the 2 20amp fuses top left and middle are power to the pumps unsur what other relays control as no info about this auxiliary block anywhere in manuals or books

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 looms factory fitted into car which clip together one is from auxillary block runs behind back seat into boot and then comes out rear back panel and connects to pumps under car will take better pics and do a better write up and do a more info update in the next month ,unfortunately no info anywhere so having to do a lot of tracing wiring and work it out

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

Did a bit of wiring tracing etc looks like our cars had a specific loom made for the oil cooler power etc unsure if any other spec3 cars have the looms preinstalled ,
This is unique to UKDM Cars as it was part of the Cooler modifications done exclusively by Middlehurst.

will take better pics and do a better write up and do a more info update in the next month ,unfortunately no info anywhere so having to do a lot of tracing wiring and work it out
Please do keep Us all informed jon379! Its always interesting to learn a little bit more about Our Own limited British model of Skyline GT-R. Its a real shame You have to basically back engineer Your Own Car to get these answers, Nissan/Middlehurst just don't seem to care about their flagship Global icon anymore.... o_O

·
Registered
1998 GTR V-Spec Marine Blue .. in waiting
16 Posts
2 looms factory fitted into car which clip together one is from auxillary block runs behind back seat into boot and then comes out rear back panel and connects to pumps under car will take better pics and do a better write up and do a more info update in the next month ,unfortunately no info anywhere so having to do a lot of tracing wiring and work it out
If your are able to provide me what you are able to trace out, I can probably draw out a good schematic for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts