GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thanks Alex, how are you mate? I***8217;m going to try and make an effort to take pictures and post em up so watch this space...
Mart! Thanks mate. It will be awesome if I can achieve what I***8217;m after which is the perfect blend of modified and original parts. If it***8217;s put together right and set up well the whole thing will come together as the perfect Nissan Skyline GTR

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
The edges are factory chamfered so won***8217;t be a flush fit if you know what I mean. I got the guy doing the porting to do it back in 2014. I opened it up last summer to fit my Nismo plenum. There was a fair bit of material removed along with the porting there is a good level of off boost torque at low end but also having type a cams somewhat helps.

Btw you will need to fit the gasket - steel one and cut that too while matching the ports as that will be your restriction otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Another thing I did was this... 9194D5FB-2044-492D-BAD0-BE4043CBB981.jpeg
Taking away the sharp edge will help reduce hot spots and also will help flow of gasses around the valves. I believe that on the gt500 head they took the lump out all together but I don’t want to kill response off boost completely.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I***8217;ve been thinking about what exactly to do with This over the last month or so. Being the Xmas period and speaking to various people with beer involved I***8217;ve now decided to pull the block out and put some forged internals (reasonable priced stiff) with an N1 pump and spline drive kit. This way I can wind the turbos up to about 1.5-1.6 bar and not have to worry about it. Pistons I***8217;m thinking 87mm to get the 60cc extra (which I know isn***8217;t much but I***8217;m going to get the block bored anyway)
Il be able to paint the block nicely and clean the bay up too. I***8217;ve not budgeted for this (time or money) so it***8217;ll be a project that I hope to get running late summer, and run in ready for mapping. 600+hp flywheel is my goal which is very achievable. The goal is to get as quicker spool and low down torque I can with 2.6L

21 - 40 of 157 Posts