GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thanks Alex, how are you mate? I***8217;m going to try and make an effort to take pictures and post em up so watch this space...
Mart! Thanks mate. It will be awesome if I can achieve what I***8217;m after which is the perfect blend of modified and original parts. If it***8217;s put together right and set up well the whole thing will come together as the perfect Nissan Skyline GTR

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
image.jpeg
And this is what it looks like after about 25 mins with the Dremel. It doesn't show well in the picture but it's smooth to the touch and you could cut your finger in the dividing plate between the ports. Hopefully this will help with the airflow in.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
The edges are factory chamfered so won***8217;t be a flush fit if you know what I mean. I got the guy doing the porting to do it back in 2014. I opened it up last summer to fit my Nismo plenum. There was a fair bit of material removed along with the porting there is a good level of off boost torque at low end but also having type a cams somewhat helps.

Btw you will need to fit the gasket - steel one and cut that too while matching the ports as that will be your restriction otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Another thing I did was this... 9194D5FB-2044-492D-BAD0-BE4043CBB981.jpeg
Taking away the sharp edge will help reduce hot spots and also will help flow of gasses around the valves. I believe that on the gt500 head they took the lump out all together but I don’t want to kill response off boost completely.

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I***8217;ve been thinking about what exactly to do with This over the last month or so. Being the Xmas period and speaking to various people with beer involved I***8217;ve now decided to pull the block out and put some forged internals (reasonable priced stiff) with an N1 pump and spline drive kit. This way I can wind the turbos up to about 1.5-1.6 bar and not have to worry about it. Pistons I***8217;m thinking 87mm to get the 60cc extra (which I know isn***8217;t much but I***8217;m going to get the block bored anyway)
Il be able to paint the block nicely and clean the bay up too. I***8217;ve not budgeted for this (time or money) so it***8217;ll be a project that I hope to get running late summer, and run in ready for mapping. 600+hp flywheel is my goal which is very achievable. The goal is to get as quicker spool and low down torque I can with 2.6L

21 - 40 of 158 Posts