GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Just been going through your thread and some amazing work!

Wish I could be this hands on :(

Just a quick question, so with putting in new cams you still follow the same clearances as specified by Nissan?

I bought a set of HKS SS cams which are supposed to be a direct drop in but I'd like to ensure the clearances are still correct.

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Thanks!
Not always, but if it's a drop in cam then it should have the same clearances.
I've gone for Tomei Poncams 260 with 9.15mm lift which is a drop in cam so they run the same tolerance as Nissan. I did check on the Tomei website which states 0.38mm ex and 0.45mm in. I then checked Nissan spec and they are the same but they give a tolerance of 0.03mm either way.
I think it's worth checking clearances just in case. You don't want it to be too small and burn the valve out.

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
All in good condition apart from this on number 3 she’ll. looks like it’s picked up some shit at one point. The crank looks good, luckily the shell has done its job. 49C5D2E0-7930-4237-A672-3F019B12B48A.jpeg
Now all I have to do is remove the crank cradle, the under piston oil jets and get it to the machinist.
I’m going to stall for a couple of weeks to get another payday in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Bloody hell! Seeing this from your car feels a lot closer to home to me and makes me wonder what mine is like.

Will you be going with the spline drive then?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Keep us posted when you're getting it fitted. Would love to see pics on the work done to the crank and final fitment of spline drive to the nose.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow you were lucky that's with a wide drive crank also!, if it was a 32 crank it would have been vaporised by now. That's why i made the effort to go external, now I just have to worry about loosing a belt:nervous:

61 - 80 of 158 Posts