GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Having had an email chain with the supplier and wossner, who were both very helpful, Im convinced that the compression ratio will be fine, having only changed ever so slightly. The quality of these pistons is really good even compared to Tomei.
The supplier was Ben at Welcome to Motorbling they are based somewhere near Ipswich and his customer service is outstanding. I***8217;d recommend him to anybody.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Crank is off having it’s sleeve fitted (through a forum member on here) and the block I am taking to Gosnays in Romford across the river to be bored out on Saturday morning. The crank, clutch and flywheel will all be balanced together before the build begins! Hopefully I will have a more exiting update with a few pictures soon.
Here’s some of the stuff I’ve collected 3726D107-C6DF-4E69-BB7D-F53B2DF9912D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I got the crank back on the weekend having had the oil pump drive collar fitted to it. I dropped it straight down, along with the clutch, flywheel and front pulley to be balanced. The block is still away waiting to be bored out. I got a bit bored today and thought I’d dress the plenum inlet up. I don’t know what difference it’ll make but thought it would be worth doing. 3A5AC62A-18F3-4F9E-A00B-27B5C383D351.jpeg

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Great stuff, small details can make some differences. I***8217;d replace that IAT sensor the stock ones are horrible and slow. Are you still running PFC or do you plan to upgrade?

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
Hi mate, what temp sensor would you recommend?... I can see why the stock one would be slow. I***8217;m running a power fc with nismo MAFS at the moment. It***8217;s meant to be a budget (ish) build but then nothing is set in stone. Who knows, maybe a link or motec but it***8217;s all dependant on needs. If I can get the results I want on PFC then why change.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
66AA3623-D459-461A-BCA1-151DA9DFDAEF.jpeg Twenty mins spent today putting the supertec spline drive gears into my N1 oil pump. The block is still away and the crank too. I’ve packed it with Vaseline as per recommendation from Younes and the green stuff is just assembly lube.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
The crankshaft is back in my possession! After picking it up from Ant last Saturday, I dropped it straight down to the balancer along with my clutch pack and front pulley. The front pulley was spot on so didn’t need anything doing to it. The crank; he said was quite out but the flywheel was by far the worst thing. (ATS twin carbon) I took a bit of time to clean the crank up with cleaner spray and polished the journals with a shoe lace and autosol. DD74D8FC-FB51-4FF4-B6E6-A429EC1C7D9F.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
image.jpeg
So I've been heat reflective taping up all of my hard pipes round the turbo side. I'm getting better at it now. So much so, that I've redone the intake pipe to the rear turbo. I'm contemplating redoing another one that's not quite as good as I can do it now too. I may do the mafs too.
Picking the block up tomorrow!!! :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I was going to say "like you wouldn't believe" but I'm sure you do. I've got a few little things I'd like to do first. First thing is make sure the block is spotless and absolutely no metal swarf etc anywhere, check the ring gaps, paint the block... And I'm sure there's something else il think of. Then it goes together. (Slowly and absolutely properly)Oh yeah!!!

81 - 100 of 158 Posts