GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 GTR V Spec for sale
White 95 V Spec import GTR for sale. Has top of range HKS intercooler, custom BIG oil cooler, cat replacement pipe, custom (beautiful) stainless exhaust, EPROM changeable ECU, water injection, 4500 pounds worth of Ohlins suspension, Nismo negative camber suspension arms, spare set track day standard wheels and tyres in perfect condition. New clutch. Engine has been re bored and has new HKS forged pistons, all new crank bearings (crank perfect at standard size mains and big ends). 3 angle valve job, all new guides, re shimmed, cams degree wheel timed. All new gaskets and seals, intake and exhaust ports fettled. Engine is now back in car and running with zero miles, as new.

Car is totally undamaged and all original paint. Possibly best handling none full race GTR in the UK. Well known as a fast and reliable track day car with sensible and well developed mods. The engine was re built as I was getting some oil consumption and tend to be a perfectionist about this sort of thing. 95% of people wouldn't have bothered but the car was leakdown tested every month and showed a slight fall off from new leakage figures. Car is near Chester. Will be sold with 12 months MOT. No tax. All UK docs.

Pic below, note, the 18 inch rims in picture were el cheapo cast wheels, I swapped them for 2 sets of stock R33 rims for safer track day usage.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chris,

V interested in your car, but see you are selling the 6 pots seperately, just for clarification could you give me the full spec that you intend to sell the car with now?

And, how this may effect the price?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bream said:
Chris,

V interested in your car, but see you are selling the 6 pots seperately, just for clarification could you give me the full spec that you intend to sell the car with now?

And, how this may effect the price?

Thanks in advance.
As above spec. No 6 pot kit, stock front brakes. Price is 14500.

I have been bid 1000 on the rather special brakes.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richie said:
So the car is without cats if I'm correct??
Correct, cat removed (it has NEVER had a cat as long as I have owned it, in fact EVERY car here is cat less :-0, don't believe in them <G>)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Cat?

Richie are you saying you won't buy the car/cars on offer on this site because they have no cat pipe?

You can buy one you know! Its a piece about 1 foot long slightly bulbus containing the cat it has its own place inbetween the down pipes and exhaust. In the car mentioned it has simply been replaced by a cat bypass pipe (no restriction).

So being put off buying one because it has no cat is certainly a strange reason.

At the last Dyno day a standard GT R33 ran (with cat) and acheived the following results 321 BHP and 250 Torque.

Hope this helps/makes you think again.

P.S I don't know Chris but the car looks good and value for money!!

....Ian

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Ian I am saying that it is impossible to import a 1988 (could be off by a few years) or newer car without a cat to Holland. It needs to have one.
I also received information that the location, on a R32 at least, of the Cat is not the best. It takes to long to warm up and do it's work propperly (not fast enough).
When I import a car to Holland it needs to have it's exhaust gasses checked, and it needs to pass this test to get registered.
I know Somberg had the same problem with his R32 in Holland.

Chris, your car looks like incredible value for money but I need some extra cash for the modifications to get it registered here and at the moment I am a few bucks short for that :( :( .
It would be cheaper for me to move to the UK and buy the car :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richie said:
Ian I am saying that it is impossible to import a 1988 (could be off by a few years) or newer car without a cat to Holland. It needs to have one.
I also received information that the location, on a R32 at least, of the Cat is not the best. It takes to long to warm up and do it's work propperly (not fast enough).
When I import a car to Holland it needs to have it's exhaust gasses checked, and it needs to pass this test to get registered.

Chris, your car looks like incredible value for money but I need some extra cash for the modifications to get it registered here and at the moment I am a few bucks short for that :( :( .
/best Jewish accent/ You wanna buy a house my boy????

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Chris Wilson said:

/best Jewish accent/ You wanna buy a house my boy????
Yeah, but than I cannot buy the Skyline................
Seriously, I need to get a bit more cash before jumping into importing one to the mainland.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Richie said:

Richie sorry to disappoint you, but I took the R32 to the RDW WITHOUT A CAT on it !!

I don´t see a problem even WITH a cat on an R32 !

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Floyd Pinkerton said:
Do you have any pics of the interior? How many miles on the turbos? Any problems with the tranny, AC, HICAS, etc. Thank you for your time.
All good interior (no pics) turbos have 30,000 Km's on them. Everything working fine.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
somberg said:

Richie sorry to disappoint you, but I took the R32 to the RDW WITHOUT A CAT on it !!

I don´t see a problem even WITH a cat on an R32 !
Who told me about the Cats then???
Now I'm confused :confused:
You imported the R32 without a cat and got it registered?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Chris,

I emailed a while back (info from GT4 list I think), but at the time had a real 'challenge' getting the finance sorted. Finally got this in place, a couple of questions

1. whats the day to day ride like - ie has the race prep suspension given it a over hard ride for the rather crappy roads I often have to drive on?
2. Do you know what sort of power she's making?#
3. When did you acquire it or when did it enter the UK
4. What mileage is on the clock
5. Have the speedo/clocks been converted?

6. Are you ever more southerly as I'm down in Surrey and the M40/M6 journey is such a joy ;)

Sorry for the long list of questions but rather have the info now then have to ask after getting up there.

cheers

Iain

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Richie

When the vehicle's car papers don't mention that there's a cat fitted on the car, you don't need it at at the RDW as was the case with my R32.

Richie said:

Who told me about the Cats then???
Now I'm confused :confused:
You imported the R32 without a cat and got it registered?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wsurfa said:
Chris,

I emailed a while back (info from GT4 list I think), but at the time had a real 'challenge' getting the finance sorted. Finally got this in place, a couple of questions

1. whats the day to day ride like - ie has the race prep suspension given it a over hard ride for the rather crappy roads I often have to drive on?

Soften the shocks (2 minute job) and the ride is very supple, I made the springs to alow a soft inch of movement before cils start to close together witha fast rising rate. So road ride is better than stock V-Spec, track roll control is also better.

2. Do you know what sort of power she's making?#

No idea, I was going to dyno the engine, if i had made some mods to it, but as it happened it went back as it came out, bar the forged pistons, so I didn't think it worthwhile. It has NEVER been beaten on a track day, by any other Skyline.

3. When did you acquire it or when did it enter the UK

About 2 years ago, straight after import by a friend who bought several in.

4. What mileage is on the clock

37.000 miles

5. Have the speedo/clocks been converted?

Yes.

6. Are you ever more southerly as I'm down in Surrey and the M40/M6 journey is such a joy ;)

If you want it a journey to Shrewsbury is neither here nor there, surely? The wife drives 80 miles each way to work each day, so Surrey is not far in the our scale of things <G>

Sorry for the long list of questions but rather have the info now then have to ask after getting up there.

No worries, if it doesn't sell now it's back together I am auctioning it.

cheers

Iain

·
Registered
201 Posts
weekend viewing

Chris,
Are you around this Sunday (can't do Sat - will be praying for Eng to beat Ire this time), to come up and have a looksee.

cheers

Iain

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: weekend viewing

wsurfa said:
Chris,
Are you around this Sunday (can't do Sat - will be praying for Eng to beat Ire this time), to come up and have a looksee.

cheers

Iain
Yes, should be OK, but ring first on Saturday sometime. Can you make it before 1o'clock please? Thanks. 01948-841581

1 - 20 of 49 Posts