GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just putting the feelers out, as I'm weighing up selling the car as is, or getting it mint then selling.

I've had this car for around 4 years, bought from IanC who is (or was?) a very active member of these forums.

This is one of the 100 Middlehurst Motors UK spec R33 GTR V-Specs. UK models came with MPH dials as standard, stunning Connolly leather seats, engine/diff/gearbox oil coolers, rear fog lamp etc, as well as an engine upgrade.

When I bought this car from the previous owner, it was in mint condition, the best example I'd seen, however, using it as an everyday car for the past 4 years/55k miles has taken it's toll.

To save me right now listing everything that the car has had done to it, the car is as the original advert when I bought it from IanC, except for a few points listed below....

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/130286-modified-uk-spec-1998-r33-gtr.html

The car is obviously not as stunning as in the photos in the link above, as it is a fair bit older and used all the time, here are some points worth noting....

- So, the car is now on 113,600 miles, still pulls like a train though. Engine not as old as the mileage, as is R34 engine
- The BBS LMs are desperate for a good recondition, the front ones especially are pitted and kerbed
- ARC box replaced with Apexi Super Intake (although I still have the ARC box)
- Bumper now standard UK spec with Trust splitter, splitter is cracked badly, I could have this fixed if needed before sale
- HKS exhaust is now Apexi Exhaust
- Gearbox or transfer box making a noise at low speed.
- Head has been strengthened after it cracked, port/polish was too beautiful to just replace with standard
- Bodywork, it has a small dent on passenger door, the splitter is split, as mentioned above, and a couple of general wear and tear scratches and conker dents on bonnet.
- Two new Bridgestone S02s on front, rears are on way out.
- I fitted a HICAS delete kit, as the rear wheel steering was troublesome.
- Now has decat fitted.
- The aircon has been disconnected

As I said, I would genuinely love to get this car back to the state in which I bought it, but I use it every day (hence the large mileage) and have a new kid on the way, so money is tight.

Other than when the head cracked shortly after I bought it (and has been repaired/strengthened now) it has never let me down in over 50k miles. I've been to Nurburgring a couple of times, Le Mans a couple of times, back and forth from London to Wales countless times and so on.

There is loads and loads of history of this car on these forums, IanC did a very good thread a few years back where he stripped the engine over a winter and rebuilt it. Here's the link...

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/87219-winter-project-underway.html

So, I'm open to sensible offers, if nothing tickles me, I'll splash out on fixing it up and re-list in the future.

If I think of anything else, then I'll post it up, and I'll get her cleaned up and post some recent pictures shortly.

Cheers, Dan :thumbsup:

Edit, to comply with forum rules, lets say £8,000 ono

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to add, brakes calipers are standard Brembo all round, but front discs are DBA slotted, and front pads are Carbotech

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not stopped raining for weeks, but I went and cleaned it anyway and took some snaps! You can see the splitter and the temp gaffer tape repair and the condition of the LMs. Also the dent on the door. I've taken a couple of the underside of the rear wing as it's a place prone to rust, as are the strut mounts, I do have some, but it's mainly surface.

Dent on door....

Nearside back wing underside...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also to add, last time I checked, it was running around 420bhp. It is on standard turbos, but everything has been done in terms of engine internals ready for a new pair. Should be good for 550bhp+ after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts